Wi-Fi Cloud 8.8 Hotfix Release
Hello WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Users,
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud will be updated to version 8.8.0-192 and new AP firmware will be available starting on Friday, October 18, 2019.
- APs can now correctly connect to Wi-Fi Cloud if they receive a DNS suffix from DHCP
- AP125 and AP325 devices configured in a mesh network no longer reboot when high downlink traffic occurs
- Offline APs that are placed on a floor map in Discover no longer remain on the user interface when you navigate to a different page
- Role redirection issues no longer occur on APs configured with more than one SSID
- Cloud Integration Point (CIP) mode now works correctly when used with a static VLAN setting
- Wi-Fi Cloud Update
- AMER region: Friday, October 18, 2019 (12:00AM PDT)
- APAC region: Friday, October 18, 2019 (12:00AM HKT)
- EMEA region: Friday, October 18, 2019 (12:00AM GMT)
- Discover Update
- All regions: Friday, October 18, 2019 (12:00AM PDT)
Maintenance Window: 4 hours
- Wi-Fi Cloud management services will be inaccessible during the maintenance activity
- There is no impact to customer Wi-Fi service. Access Points will still be functional and provide connectivity and security
- Captive portal splash pages will be functional for guest access
- After the Wi-Fi Cloud upgrade is complete, AP firmware will be updated based on your configured settings for scheduled automatic update or manual update. Each AP requires approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update depending on your Internet link and available bandwidth.
If you have any questions regarding the update, please visit the Support Center. To learn more about Secure, Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi from WatchGuard, visit www.watchguard.com/wifi.