Wi-Fi access is becoming increasingly popular for businesses to attract and retain customers. From retail stores to hotels to hospitals, wireless access has gone mainstream and many companies are jumping on the bandwagon. While offering Wi-Fi to customers and employees certainly has its benefits, wireless access can ultimately doom any business if it’s not properly secured. According to the National Small Business Association, nearly 50 percent of small businesses have already been impacted by cyber-attacks with an average cost of more than 20 thousand dollars. I've got some valuable advice on how you can protect your business when offering free Wi-Fi to customers. Check out my article on Help Net Security to find out more. (Read more)
Sign up to get the latest product news, updates, and support alerts from WatchGuard.Subscribe
This update supports the Dynamic VLANs, Captive Portal Web Form, Guest Analytics report, Network Access Enforcement landing page, and Access Point Sites radio settings features.
Access Point Dynamic VLANs
Need more control over who accesses what on your Wi-Fi? The new v2.2 firmware for WatchGuard access points makes it easy. Use WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise authentication to identify users and automatically assign them to different VLANs based on their access level. It's a smarter, simpler way to secure your network. For more information, go to Configure Access Point Dynamic VLANs in Help Center.
Access Point Captive Portal Enhancements
- Empower Guest Wi-Fi Access: With our captive portal, create up to three custom fields (like name, email, or date) for guests to fill out before using your Wi-Fi. This helps you gather information and manage access easily. For more information, go to Configure a Captive Portal in Help Center.
- Are you curious about the guests on your Wi-Fi network? The new Guest Analytics report provides valuable insights, from usernames and connected devices to data they submitted through your captive portal web forms. This powerful tool requires a USP Wi-Fi Management license for access.. For more information, go to Access Point Guest Analytics Report in Help Center.
- Network Access Enforcement lets you define a specific landing page that greets Wi-Fi clients once they've met your security requirements. Customize this page with your chosen URL to welcome users, provide important information, or promote special offers. For more information, go to Access Point Network Access Enforcement in Help Center.
Radio Settings in Access Point Sites
Streamline your Wi-Fi management with Access Point Sites. Quickly adjust radio settings for multiple access points simultaneously, saving you time and effort. For more information, go to Configure Access Point Radio Settings in Help Center.
In addition to these new features, this firmware release also resolves several issues. For the release notes and descriptions of the resolved issues, go to the Access Point Firmware Releases in Help Center.
The biggest challenge tormenting Wi-Fi users is a poor connection that causes disruptions to productivity. We rely on and connect a majority of our devices to Wi-Fi more than ever before, which strains out-of-date wireless networks.
We’re excited to announce that the perfect solution for Wi-Fi has arrived.
WatchGuard’s AP432 is a high-performance 4x4 Wi-Fi 6 solution designed for high-density environments. It is managed in WatchGuard Cloud to ensure an uninterrupted wireless experience when various devices connect to the access point.
The AP432 is robust enough for high-density indoor environments like expansive offices and large corporate or education campuses. Busy spaces like airports or hotels regularly have numerous devices connecting to Wi-Fi that need a seamless wireless experience that is reliably secure. With our latest Wi-Fi 6 access point, end-users will gain access to lightning-fast connectivity plus the additional benefits below:
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Simplified management in WatchGuard Cloud to deliver easy deployment and reporting.
- Wi-Fi 6 technology and secure WPA3 encryption
- One PoE+ port supporting up to 2.5 Gbps
- Max data rate up to 1148 Mbps available on the 2.4 GHz band
- Max data rate up to 2.4 Gbps available on the 5 GHz band
- Includes 4x4 radio optimized for Wi-Fi 6 with eight omnidirectional internal antennas
- Maximum TX power delivers 23 dBm and a 3 dBi antenna gain
- Qualcomm® Cypress IPQ8072A Quad-core A53 ARM processor at 2 GHz with 2 GB RAM and 256 MB Flash
The WatchGuard Wi-Fi 6 portfolio is growing exponentially to ensure we offer a wireless solution for every type of deployment a customer might have. To help our partners find the perfect access point to deploy, explore our portfolio of Wi-Fi 6 access points and a simplified management experience with Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud.
Please reach out to the WatchGuard team if you have any questions or want to get started on delivering simplified security solutions.
We're here to help.
- The WatchGuard Team
WatchGuard is excited to announce the release of Wi-Fi 6 access points and centralized management of Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud.
We have been busy building a new Wi-Fi management platform integrated directly into WatchGuard Cloud. With the introduction to the new simplified management platform, we will be introducing a new line of Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) access points. These access points, explicitly designed for management in WatchGuard Cloud, will bring excellent performance and more security to network environments of all shapes and sizes while enabling rich integration to AuthPoint, WatchGuard's endpoint solutions, Firebox, and Wi-Fi, all in one centralized platform. Everyone can simplify daily network and security tasks by deploying and supporting WatchGuard's portfolio of products from one central location.
The following are some key benefits included in the Wi-Fi launch:
- Dedicated Wi-Fi 6 Hardware: provides industry-leading performance and security enhancements designed to be managed directly from WatchGuard Cloud.
- Centralized Management in WatchGuard Cloud: consolidates your management to one Cloud management platform with familiar workflows and a single vendor for support.
- Simplified management: supporting zero-touch deployment of wireless networks to distributed enterprise or remote workers, WatchGuard Cloud is designed for quick deployment while it simplifies day-to-day tasks.
- Remote Access Point: a feature inside Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud is allowing administrators to deploy an access point for remote workers and secure their connection back to the corporate office over an IKEV2 VPN with no software required on the local machine.
WatchGuard Cloud eliminates the need for any physical or virtual infrastructure requirements and enables dependable and secure wireless services