Hello WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Users,
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud services will be upgraded starting on Friday, July 20, 2018. These upgrades include:
- WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud and AP firmware 8.6.0-634
- Analyze service is upgraded to greatly reduce captive portal splash page downtimes for future upgrades
APAC region, starts Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:00PM UTC
EMEA region, starts Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 12:00AM UTC
AMER region, starts Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 4:00AM UTC
Maintenance Window: 8 hours
APAC region (4:00PM – 12:00AM UTC)
EMEA region (12:00AM – 8:00AM UTC)
AMER region (4:00AM – 12:00PM UTC)
Expected Impact Duration: 4 hours
Wi-Fi Cloud management will be inaccessible during the maintenance activity and you will not be able to perform configuration changes. There is no impact to customer Wi-Fi service. Access Points will still be functional and provide connectivity and security. Captive Portal splash pages used to authenticate users on a Guest Wi-Fi network will be unavailable during the maintenance period.
- New users will not be able to access the guest network
- Users who are already authenticated on the guest network will continue to have access unless they need to reauthenticate. At that point, users will not be able to get access to the guest network until the upgrade is complete.
Before the maintenance period, you can configure guest access so that users can access Wi-Fi while Captive Portal services are unavailable:
- Disable the captive portal and use a WPA2 PSK password for the Guest Wi-Fi SSID
- Use the AP Hosted Splash Page for Click-through portal option
- Increase the Login Timeout on the Captive Portal
For more information, see Guest Wi-Fi access when Captive Portal services unavailable in the WatchGuard Knowledge Base.