WatchGuard has posted Fireware 12.5.3 and WSM 12.5.3 in the Software Download Center. These new releases introduce several key bug fixes and some new enhancements. Full details are provided in the Release Notes and the What’s New presentation. We’ve seen a huge increase in the number of people using Mobile VPN for remote access over the past few weeks, so please note that this release also includes an updated version of the SSL VPN client for Mac and Windows.
Key Updates of This Release:
- Mobile VPN with SSL improvements, including the elimination of an upgrade prompt that did not apply to non admin users, along with several bug fixes.
- Gateway Wireless Controller support for the AP225W wall plate access point, which is ideal for multi-dwelling unit (MDU) structures such as dorm rooms, shared office spaces, smart apartments and condos.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support for registration of Fireboxes to WatchGuard Cloud, eliminating the need to enter a verification code.
- Web setup wizard has been enhanced to simplify RapidDeploy in environments that do not use DHCP.
- Support for the latest Autotask API updates. We strongly recommend all users of the Autotask integration to read the relevant notes in the What’s New and upgrade to 12.5.3 before April 15th.
Software Download Center
Firebox appliance owners with active support subscriptions can obtain Fireware 12.5.3 without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the WatchGuard Software Download Center. If you are already running Fireware 12.5.2, you can now use WatchGuard Cloud to simply upgrade the firmware on all of your appliances.
Does this release pertain to me?
Fireware 12.5.3 is available for all Firebox T and Firebox M appliances. The Mobile VPN with SSL 12.5.3 client has also been posted for XTM appliances.
For Sales or Support questions, you can find phone numbers for your region online. If you contact WatchGuard Technical Support, please have your registered appliance Serial Number or Partner ID available.