We are 10 weeks away from the end-of-life (EOL) date of our Threat Detection and Response service on 30 September 2023. As this date approaches, it is important to understand how the EOL may affect you.
Threat Detection and Response (TDR) end-of-life timeline:
- 30 September 2023 – The TDR user interface in WatchGuard Cloud will no longer be available and therefore the Threat Detection options in the Monitor or Configure menus are not visible. The Host Sensor License pages are also not visible on the Inventory menu. TDR Host Sensors will continue to function, but you will no longer be able to view or remediate indicators, or generate reports. Your ability to upgrade Host Sensors to WatchGuard Endpoint Security from WatchGuard Cloud remains enabled.
- 28 October 2023 – WatchGuard will automatically uninstall heart beating Host Sensors that have not upgraded to WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
- 1 December 2023 – The TDR service ceases to function and any remaining Host Sensors must be uninstalled manually.
For customers who use Panda-branded endpoint security products:
- If you use the TDR Host Sensor in conjunction with Panda Adaptive Defense or AD360, the protection previously provided by TDR will continue with your active Panda AD and AD360 deployments.
- If you use the TDR Host Sensor in conjunction with Panda EPP, we recommend upgrading to Panda AD360 to maintain your current level of protection. Please talk to your Sales representative about eligibility for a one-time discount on upgrade.
- Although visibility into TDR detections is discontinued, the protection is still provided by your Panda endpoint security product. Once you migrate from Panda products to WatchGuard Endpoint Security, you can start to use ThreatSync in WatchGuard Cloud, which offers visibility into incidents and remediations.
For customers who use WatchGuard Endpoint Security products:
- If you use the TDR Host Sensor in conjunction with WatchGuard EDR or EPDR, the protection previously provided by TDR will continue with your active EDR and EPDR deployments.
- If you use the TDR Host Sensor in conjunction with WatchGuard EPP, we recommend upgrading to WatchGuard EPDR to maintain your current level of protection. Please talk to your authorized WatchGuard representative about eligibility for a one-time discount on an upgrade.
- Once EDR or EPDR is activated, you can enable ThreatSync. This new XDR product in WatchGuard Cloud replaces TDR and is our XDR platform moving forward.
For customers who do NOT use one of our endpoint products:
- Use the upgrade tool available in WatchGuard Cloud to upgrade from the TDR Host Sensor to WatchGuard Endpoint Security. If you are a WatchGuard Firebox customer and never purchased WatchGuard Endpoint Security, your TDR Host Sensor licenses have already been converted to EDR Core licenses.
- For more information about the upgrade process, consult the Host Sensor upgrade to Endpoint Security. page.
For previous announcements, go to:
- ThreatSync (XDR) General Availability and EOS/EOL Schedule for TDR
- REMINDER End of life for TDR is 30 September 2023
Please reach out to your authorized WatchGuard representative for answers to any remaining questions. Thank you.
The WatchGuard Product team