Endpoint malware threats, like all kind of cyber threats these days, continue to rise up and target companies regardless of the size. Especially with the Cloud adoption boom we are experiencing, endpoint devices become more vulnerable.
Traditionally when we refer to endpoint detection and response, we are looking at basic detection and matching attack features of known threats. But what should an advanced solution include to have the best protection to deal with today’s cyber risks?
The 6 most intelligent endpoint security features you want:
- Artificial Intelligence: AI-driven processes allow for advanced malware analysis and detection of known and unknown threats.
- Cloud-Based Security: Cloud-native endpoint security integrates the technology and intelligence needed for advanced prevention, detection, containment and response to threats.
- Threat Hunting Capabilities: Adds another layer of analysis and investigation to detect attackers using “living-off-the-land” techniques.
- Increased Visibility: The data available should allow you to both take rapid action to limit exposure and to access not just visibility for the endpoint but also for the perimeter and identities as well.
- Zero-Trust Application: Enables continuous endpoint monitoring, detection and classification of all activity to reveal and block anomalous behaviors of users, machines and processes.
- Simplified Management: Advanced security does not have to increase complex management and operation to secure endpoints. The way a solution is delivered, deployed and managed is just as important to improve efficiency in the organization.
Bottom line: Do we need smarter cybersecurity to stop ongoing and more sophisticated attacks? Yes. However, spend time analyzing how integrated the security solution is. Assess how it adapts to your security needs and go with the option that can provide a unified approach while allowing your users to have an optimal user experience. Choose the endpoint protection that brings more automation and that allows you to enable multiple defenses to take rapid action and limit your exposure to known and unknown threats.