Greetings valued WatchGuard Partners and Customers. For those that are not aware, or even those that just need a refresher, the firebox downloads a list of known malicious Command and Control IP addresses that it blocks. This is commonly referred to as the Botnet Blocklist and is Licensed as part of RED service in the Basic Security package. As part of our commitment to provide the best security to you, a new Botnet Block list is being deployed globally on July 13th. Should you or any of your customers encounter a false positive please add the offending IP address to the Blocked Sites Exceptions list and submit a technical support case. Thank you to everyone for reading and enjoy the rest of your day.
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in October.
- Full Disk Access Error in Endpoint Protection Service After Upgrade to macOS 13 Ventura
- Generate a .HAR file from your web browser
- macOS Ventura 13.x software compatibility
- SNMP MIB file for Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud Access Points
- T20 and T40 interfaces 1 to 4 support Full Duplex only
- What is CLOUD_CONNECT in my feature key?
This maintenance release updates the version of OpenSSH used by the Firebox to version 9.0p1s, resolves an issue that prevented VPN tunnels to AWS from recovering following a FireCluster failover, and addresses an issue where addresses configured in Blocked Sites Exceptions could be blocked if triggered immediately following a reboot. See details in the Release Notes for a full list of enhancements and resolved issues in this release.
Does this release affect me?
Fireware 12.8.2u1 is available for:
- T Series: T20, T40, T55, T70, and T80
- M Series: M270, M290, M370, M390, M400, M440, M470, M500, M570, M590, M670, M690, M4600, M5600, M4800, and M5800
- FireboxV and Firebox Cloud
How to upgrade
Firmware upgrades are included at no charge with active WatchGuard support subscriptions. The easiest approach is to use WatchGuard Cloud to schedule upgrades for one or many systems. You can also upgrade individual systems directly from within the WebUI. Admins may also download the applicable packages from the WatchGuard Software Download Center.
For Sales or Support questions, you can find phone numbers for your region online. If you contact WatchGuard Technical Support, please have your registered appliance Serial Number or Partner ID available.
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in August and September.
- AuthPoint ADFS agent installation fails on secondary server
- AuthPoint Gateway status is Not Installed or Not Connected after upgrade to Gateway v7.1
- Can I disable TCP timestamps on my Firebox?
- Find a Firebox or Access Point serial number
- Vendors and applications included in WatchGuard Patch Management
- Azure AD account locked after user enters one or two incorrect passwords in AuthPoint Logon app
- Reverse proxy does not resolve FQDNs when public and private DNS servers are configured
- WatchGuard Cloud shows eth8 interface for T80 with no SFP+ module installed
- Access Portal: 403 Forbidden error when you log out from Outlook Web Access
- Live Status VPN page incorrectly includes manual BOVPNs and shows them as active
- Noticeable TCP Performance drop on some Firebox models with Fireware 12.8.x
- Reply traffic unexpectedly allowed for BOVPN virtual interface connection with no reverse route for the traffic
- WSM interface Sent/Received counters always show 2,097,151 KB (2,147,483,647 packets)