Support Remote Work with Confidence
Secure connectivity to corporate headquarters is essential if your remote employees are going to achieve maximum productivity. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) add a layer of security to private and public networks, allowing individuals and organizations to send and receive data safely over the Internet. A VPN creates secure connections between computers or networks in different locations back to the corporate network. Organizations rely on a VPN to offer secure connectivity to remote locations and users. Operating at the network layer, a client-based VPN provides users access to the entire network.
WatchGuard offers three choices for client-based VPN connectivity:
- Mobile VPN with IKEv2 - Mobile VPN with IKEv2 uses IPSec to provide superior encryption and authentication. Supports connections from a wide range of operating systems.
- Mobile VPN with SSL - Mobile VPN with SSL uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure connections between a remote computer and your protected network.
- IPSec VPN client - A full-featured VPN client, powered by NCP, compatible with all versions of Fireware.
VPN Feature Comparison
|Features||IKEv2||Mobile VPN with SSL||IPSec VPN Client|
|Windows 8.1, 10|
|IPSec Port access required||Yes||HTTPS only||Yes|
|MFA, including Authpoint|
|Integrated Personal Firewall||—||—|
|Customer Branding Option||—||—|
*Must be managed client side
**Requires OpenVPN client for SSL
Premium VPN Protection Where You Need It with the WatchGuard IPSec VPN Client
Compatible with Windows and Mac OS X, the IPSec VPN is the ideal solution for employees who frequently work remotely or require remote access to sensitive resources.
Features & Benefits
- Two-Factor Authentication – Fully compatible with WatchGuard AuthPoint, the IPSec VPN client adds another layer of security by requiring two types of credentials without the need for specialized hardware. Integration with other leading MFA vendors is also supported.
- Windows Pre-Logon – Users can log on to a Windows domain even if they are not in the network. For easy access, Windows and VPN login credentials can be configured to be the same.
- Seamless Roaming – Users can change from one Internet communication medium (LAN/WLAN/3G/4G/5G) to another without dropping the VPN connection. For example, connect with Wi-Fi at a coffee shop, then switch to an Ethernet connection at work, then switch to your Wi-Fi at home. The VPN connection does not drop.
- Integrated Personal Firewall – Our Friendly Net Detection feature recognizes whether a network is secure or not and then applies the appropriate firewall settings. This is especially useful in businesses like retail stores and mall kiosks that want to offer their customers a specific application.
- Add Custom Branding – Easily add a custom logo, such as a company's branded logo, to the IPSec Mobile VPN client.