Ransomware was assessed as the prime threat in 2020-2021. Unfortunately, attacks are dramatically increasing in scope and frequency year over year, with high-impact, headline-making incidents continuously growing.
With this release, we expand our prevention and response technologies in our Endpoint Security offering, where we had some anti-ransomware capabilities already in place, but you can never be too careful against ransomware. That's why we have incorporated more specific protection and recovery features such as Deep Learning and Early Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) technologies, Shadow Copies, and Decoy Files. Last but not least, besides support for iOS devices, we have also included VPN access that will enable enforcement for VPN connections on our endpoints.
- The Decoy Files technology (honeypot technology) used in our TDR product has been incorporated into this recent version of WatchGuard Endpoint Security
- We’ve added deep learning technology & improved anti-tampering leveraging ELAM
- The ability to recover files encrypted by ransomware using the Shadow Copies included in Windows OS and managed from WatchGuard Cloud.
- It includes the following features: anti-theft (geolocation, remote lock, remote wipe, etc.), URL filtering, malware URL detection, and phishing protection.
- It enables users to use VPN access to corporate resources only when endpoint protection is active and running. It is supported in Windows (soon in macOS) and works alongside a Firebox
We keep working on adding new features to provide a more robust endpoint security approach to our customers. Please reach out to the WatchGuard team if you have any questions or want to get started on delivering simplified security solutions.
We're here to help.
- The WatchGuard Team