WatchGuard offers customers and partners the opportunity to take technical certification exams. These exams are offered at Kryterion testing centers worldwide, or through their online proctoring service. If you’re interested in certification, we recommend you review the frequently-asked questions list below.
Today, WatchGuard offers four technical certification exams:
- Network Security Essentials – This exam covers the content previously covered in Fireware Essentials, but also includes content on basic networking and new Fireware topics, including multi-WAN, VLANs, and more.
- Secure Wi-Fi Essentials – This exam covers basic wireless technology and Wi-Fi Cloud, as well as Fireware Gateway Wireless Controller and Wireless Firebox devices.
- Multi-Factor Authentication Essentials – This exam covers basic authentication technology concepts and how to set up, configure, and manage WatchGuard AuthPoint.
- Endpoint Security Essentials – This exam covers basic endpoint security technology, Adaptive Defense 360, Advanced Reporting Tool, Panda Partner Center, and DNSWatchGO.
WatchGuard offers technical certification exams at authorized Kryterion testing centers worldwide. If it is not convenient for you to travel to a testing center, you can also use Kryterion's online proctoring service to take an exam from your home or office.
You can register from the Technical Training page in the WatchGuard Portal (for Customers) or the Learning Center (for Partners), or by going directly to the WatchGuard Exam Registration Site. All exams are scheduled based on the time zone associated with the address used when your exam account is created. Make sure to select the appropriate AM/PM time since there could be time slots available throughout the day and night.
The exam fee for all exams is US $200 and can be paid with any major credit card. You pay Kryterion for the exam when you register to take the exam. The price is the same whether you go to a Kryterion testing center or take the exam through Kryterion's online proctoring system. By law, Kryterion is required to collect appropriate tax in many jurisdictions around the world. This tax will be calculated based on the location of the scheduled exam session at time of purchase and will be added to the total exam cost. Each test taker must create their own account and the exam must be registered and paid for while logged in as that test taker.
We provide a Study Guide (log in required) for each exam. These guides supplement the basic recorded video training available in the WatchGuard Learning Center from the Partner Portal or on the Courseware page (log in required). They also include a description of the exam, information on what to study to prepare for the exam, and several sample exam questions.
Yes, and we recommend that you allow at least 24 hours between the time you schedule an online proctored exam and when you take the exam to make sure you have met all requirements. You can find detailed information on these requirements in the Kryterion Test Taker Guide. To summarize:
- Install Sentinal Secure™ software, which will lock your computer down during the exam to prohibit the use of computer test aids.
- Create a biometric profile based on facial recognition. Make sure no other people show in the background of your photo.
- Make sure you have a Kryterion-approved webcam. Internal webcams are not approved, as the online proctor must be able to see you, your hands, and your computer monitor as you take the exam.
- Verify your computer OS and installed applications support the online proctoring process.
- Make sure your desk area is clear and your mobile phone is not accessible. You may be required to remove and show watches, bracelets, any large jewelry, or eye glasses to make sure they are not technology-enabled.
- During the exam, you cannot speak out loud and/or interact with other people.
You must bring two (2) forms of personal identification (ID). Both forms of ID must have your signature, and one of the two forms of ID must have your photo. Valid forms of identification include: current driver's license, current passport, or equivalent. Food, laptops, backpacks, notepads, pens, or other personal equipment are NOT allowed in the test area. Please note that during the exam check-in process, you will be asked to turn out exterior pockets (on jackets, jeans, slacks, etc.) to verify that the pockets are either empty or that they do not contain any prohibited items. Additionally, external eyewear will be inspected to make sure that it is not technology-enabled.
You must achieve a score of at least 75% to pass a WatchGuard technical certification exam.
No reference material or study aids are allowed when you take the exam.
Certification is valid for two years.
You will receive your exam results on-screen immediately after you complete the exam. You will also receive the results in an email. If you pass the exam, the email message will include a date-stamped certificate for your records.
If you fail an exam, you can take it again at the one-time retake fee of $100. Subsequent attempts will cost $200. To request a coupon code for the one-time 50% retake discount, email [email protected].
In order to maintain the integrity of the exam, we do not provide detailed information on your exam results. High-level feedback is provided at the end of your exam.
When you purchase an exam, you will receive an automatic confirmation email which acts as your receipt. If you need an actual invoice, you can generate them yourself from your Kryterion WatchGuard-branded Webassessor account by selecting the Generate Receipts button. See the Generate Exam Receipt instructions for more details.
The policy to reschedule or cancel an exam is different depending on the exam delivery type.
- Online Proctored Exams: If you cancel or reschedule your exam within 24 hours of the scheduled exam time, there is a $55 fee (starting 15 May 2021).
- Onsite Proctored Exams at Kryterion Test Centers: If you cancel or reschedule your exam within 72 hours of the scheduled exam time, there is an $85 fee.
If you miss your scheduled exam appointment, you forfeit your exam fee and are not eligible for a refund.
Refunds are granted by our exam delivery partner, Kryterion, when you cancel your exam with 72 hours notice for onsite exams and with 24 hours notice for online exams. No other refund requests are granted.
WatchGuard will provide ADA accommodations on request. Contact us for further information.