Greetings valued WatchGuard Partners and Customers. For those that are not aware, or even those that just need a refresher, the firebox downloads a list of known malicious Command and Control IP addresses that it blocks. This is commonly referred to as the Botnet Blocklist and is Licensed as part of RED service in the Basic Security package. As part of our commitment to provide the best security to you, a new Botnet Block list is being deployed globally on July 13th. Should you or any of your customers encounter a false positive please add the offending IP address to the Blocked Sites...
Product and Support News
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in June:
- What public domains does Dark Web Scan not scan?
- Regional SKUs for Firebox T40, T80
- Out of Shared Memory Error with Dimension Reports
- How do I get help with Panda products?
WatchGuard has posted Fireware 12.5.4 in the Software Download Center. In addition to various bug fixes, this update introduces a new engine for spamBlocker, and TDR host sensor enforcement to permit a VPN connection via the Firebox. Full details are provided in the Release Notes, which are available here.
Key elements of this release:
- Host sensor VPN enforcement. Now admins can require an active TDR host sensor and required operating system to permit mobile VPN connections back to a Firebox.
- Improved spam detection efficacy. In this release we are officially transitioning the...
We are pleased to announce the availability of WatchGuard Dimension 2.1.2 Update 4. This maintenance release is now available from the Software Download Center, together with Release Notes and update instructions. WatchGuard Dimension 2.1.2 Update 4 provides the following fixes:
- A warning is generated when attempting to upgrade to future versions of Dimension if the current instance is running an older Ubuntu kernel
- Added support for database restores to Postgresql v11 and v12
Logging and Reporting
- Most Popular Domains has been renamed Most Popular Destinations in Per...
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Analyze and Engage will be updated starting on Friday, June 26, 2020.
- EMEA region: Friday, June 26, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM GMT)
- AMER region: Friday, June 26, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM PDT)
- APAC region: Saturday, June 27, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM HKT)
- All regions: Saturday, June 27, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM PDT)
- Analyze and Engage services will be unavailable during the maintenance activity.
- Captive portal splash pages will be unavailable for up to 15 minutes...
We have declared Juneteenth – Friday, June 19, 2020 – as a day of reflection and learning. We are treating this day as a bank holiday; no meetings, no work. For those of you contacting our Sales and Support teams, a small group of employees have volunteered to be present, but please understand if wait times are longer than normal.
I recently wrote a post addressing my feelings about the death of George Floyd, the racial and social injustice in our world, and my next steps for contributing to permanent and lasting change. Thanks to all of you who read the post, and to all of you who engaged...
Over the past year, we have made a lot of investment to pave the way for partners and customers to have API access to WatchGuard products. Earlier this year we released an API for AuthPoint Authentication and now we are excited to announce that live in production this week is the first Firebox Management API aimed at configuring Global Exceptions.
Global exceptions are rules that can override the current settings on the Firebox and include:
- Adding to blocked sites (one of the top use cases!)
- Blocked sites exceptions
- Botnet exceptions
- File exceptions
- Geolocation exceptions
WatchGuard is excited to announce the release of three new Firebox T Series UTM appliances: Firebox T20, T40, and T80. These latest Firebox models provide an upgrade path for our existing Firebox T Series customers and offer faster processors and more memory. Delivering big security in a small appliance, each WatchGuard Firebox includes a complete and industry-best set of threat management solutions.
- IntelligentAV and Access Portal are available on the T40/T40-W and T80.
Services that were previously only available on rackmount appliances now run on smaller tabletop...
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in May:
- WatchGuard Customer Support FAQs
- URLs used by Panda services
- How do I give feedback on WatchGuard Customer Support?
- APs with expired Wi-Fi Cloud Trial licenses are removed from Wi-Fi Cloud
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud will be upgraded to version 8.8.3 starting on Friday, June 5, 2020.
- AMER region: Friday, June 5, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM PDT)
- EMEA region: Friday, June 5, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM GMT)
- APAC region: Saturday, June 6, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM HKT)
- All regions: Friday, June 5, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM PDT)
- 6 hours
- 4 hours
- Wi-Fi Cloud management services will be inaccessible during the maintenance activity.
- There is no impact to customer Wi-Fi service. Access Points (AP) will still...
Browse by Category
Sign up to get the latest product news, updates, and support alerts from WatchGuard.