Monitor Access Points
The Monitor > Access Points page contains detailed monitoring information about the APs in your network.
You can view ongoing activities, freeze columns, add or remove columns, filter the display, and switch to full screen mode using the icons at the top-right of the page. For more information, see Monitor Table Operations.
The AP properties include this information:
|Status||Indicates if the AP is active (green) or inactive (red).|
|Name||Specifies the name of an AP.|
|IP Address||IP address of the AP.|
|BLE Status||The BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) status of an AP.|
|Power source||Indicates the power source for the AP.|
|Update Device||Firmware update status.|
|MAC Address||Unique 48-bit address of the AP and 802.11 PHY modes used by the AP.|
|Build||Indicates the build number of the AP software.|
|Device Template||Indicates the device template applied to the selected AP.|
|Up/Down Since||Date and time since which the AP was last restarted.|
|Capability||A list of AP capabilities.|
|Location||Location of the AP.|
|Mesh Mode||Mesh mode of the AP.|
Indicates the model of the selected AP.
|Tag||Additional information about the AP.|
|No of Association||Number of clients associated to the selected AP.|
Access Point Details
Click on an AP on the Access Points page, to see the following information:
|Clients by Average Data Rate||A bar graph of clients and their data rate (in Mbps) for the selected AP.|
|Top Applications By Traffic||A bar graph of the top five applications with the highest data usage for the selected AP.|
|Currently Associated Clients||A list of clients that are currently associated to the AP.|
Access Point Actions
To perform actions on an AP, right-click the AP name, and select an action:
- Customize Transmit Power or channel — Manage the transmission power of the AP.
- Customize BLE — Manage the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) settings for the AP.
- View on Floor Map — View AP placement on the floor map.
- Configure Alert — Configure alerts for the AP.
- Run Client Connectivity Test — Run a client connectivity test on the AP. For more information, see Client Connectivity Test.
- Capture Packet Trace — Perform a packet trace on an AP. For more information, see Capture Packet Trace.
- Packet Trace History — View the packet trace history for a selected AP.
- Spectrum Analysis — Start spectrum analysis for an AP to visually display RF frequencies in the APs area. For more information, see Spectrum Analysis.
- Update Firmware — Update the firmware on an AP.
- Access Point Event Logs — View the AP event logs. For more information, see Access Point Event Logs.
- Reboot — Reboots the AP.
- Rename — Renames the AP.
- Move — Change location of the AP.
- Delete — Deletes the AP from the list of available APs.