Monitor Access Points
You can view ongoing activities, freeze columns, add or remove columns, filter the display, and switch to full screen mode using the icons at the top-right of the page. For more information, see Table Actions for Monitor Pages.
The AP properties include this information:
|Status||Indicates if the AP is active (green) or inactive (red).|
|Name||Specifies the name of an AP.|
|IP Address||IP address of the AP.|
|BLE Status||The BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) status of an AP.|
|Power Source||Indicates the power source for the AP.|
|Update Device||Firmware update status.|
|MAC Address||Unique 48-bit address of the AP and 802.11 PHY modes used by the AP.|
|Build||Indicates the build number of the AP software.|
|Device Template||Indicates the device template applied to the selected AP.|
|Connected/Disconnected Since||Date and time since the AP was last connected or disconnected.|
|Last Booted At||Date and time since the AP was rebooted.|
|Capability||A list of AP capabilities.|
|Location||Location of the AP.|
|Mesh Mode||Mesh mode of the AP.|
Indicates the model of the selected AP.
|Group||The group the AP belongs to.|
|Tag||Additional information about the AP.|
|No of Associations||Number of clients associated to the selected AP.|
Access Point Details
Click on an AP on the Access Points page, to see the following information:
|Clients by Average Data Rate||A bar graph of clients and their data rate (in Mbps) for the selected AP.|
|Top Applications By Traffic||A bar graph of the top five applications with the highest data usage for the selected AP.|
|Currently Associated Clients||A list of clients that are currently associated to the AP.|
|Radios Seeing this AP||Displays the list of managed device radios visible to the selected AP.|
|Visible VLANs||A list of VLANs visible to the AP.|
|Visible Access Points||A list of other APs visible to this AP.|
|Visible Clients||A list of clients visible to the AP.|
Access Point Actions
To perform actions on an AP, right-click the AP name, and select an action:
- Run Client Connectivity Test — Run a client connectivity test on the AP. For more information, see Client Connectivity Test.
- Capture Packet Trace — Perform a packet trace on an AP. For more information, see Capture Packet Trace.
- Packet Trace History — View the packet trace history for a selected AP.
- View Event Logs — View the AP event logs. For more information, see Access Point Event Logs.
- Download Debug Logs — Download the AP debug logs. For more information, see Debug Logs.
- Debug Logs History — View the debug logs history for the AP.
- Spectrum Analysis — Start spectrum analysis for an AP to visually display RF frequencies in the APs area. For more information, see Spectrum Analysis.
- Customize Transmit Power or channel — Manage the transmission power of the AP.
- Customize BLE — Manage the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) settings for the AP.
- View on Floor Map — View AP placement on the floor map.
- Configure Alert — Configure alerts for the AP.
- Update Firmware — Update the firmware on an AP.
- Assign/Reassign to a Group — Add or remove the AP from a group. For more information, see AP Groups.
- Reboot — Reboots the AP.
- Rename — Renames the AP.
- Modify Tag — Change the tag for the AP.
- Move — Change location of the AP.
- Delete — Deletes the AP from the list of available APs.