These dashboards are available:
- Connectivity Dashboard — Indicates the connectivity status of devices on your Wi-Fi network, including all phases of the client connectivity journey.
- Performance Dashboard — Provides information about the performance of your Wi-Fi network, including signal strength, low data rates, and network latency.
- Applications Dashboard — Provides application quality measurements for conferencing applications used by wireless clients.
- WIPS Dashboard — Displays information on WIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System) security activity on your wireless network.
Counters, located at the top-right corner of each page in Discover, provide a quick view of these statistics:
- Managed Devices — Status of managed Wi-Fi devices, including access points, sensors, and network detectors. Also shows if any of the devices are running an outdated firmware version or configuration.
- Clients — Types of clients that are currently connected to the managed Wi-Fi network.
- WIPS Alerts — WIPS alerts for the presence of threat-posing devices, such as rogue or misconfigured APs.
- System Alerts — Alerts related to Wi-Fi performance, security, and system health.
- Tunnels(only appears if tunnels configured) — Status of configured tunnels, for example, EoGRE or VXLAN tunnels.
Click the individual counter to see more detailed information.
The search feature is located on the top of each page in Discover. You can search for a client or AP by MAC address, IP address, user name, or device name.
For example, you can search for a client device type such as "iphone". This displays all iPhone clients that are currently associated, were previously associated, or had failed connections.
When you use the global search:
- Global search is not case-sensitive.
- You can enter partial search strings.
- The search results display both clients and APs.
- You can search for clients in these categories:
- Clients currently associated to an AP
- Clients that were previously associated to an AP
- Clients attempted and failed to connect to an AP
- Global search does not support pattern-based search with the use of special characters, such as the wildcard character (*).
The Navigator enables you to define a hierarchical structure based on location folders and floors to organize how your wireless network is deployed. For more information on how to add locations and floors to the Location Navigator, see Configure Location Folders with the Navigator.
Use the Navigator tab to select a specific location for which to view data in Discover. The default view is the top-level location folder that includes data for all sub-folder locations.
To search for a specific location folder or floor, type a search string into the Search Folders / Floors text box.