Device Folders (WatchGuard Cloud)
In WatchGuard Cloud Device Manager, you can create up to ten levels of folders to organize your Fireboxes. Each folder can contain Fireboxes, folders, or both. Folders help you to see status and summarized data for groups of Fireboxes.
For example, if you have Fireboxes at several geographic locations, you can create a folder for each location. This enables you to open the folder to see just the Fireboxes at that location, and to see summary status and aggregated reports for those Fireboxes.
In Device Manager, you can:
You can add, rename, delete, and move folders.
You cannot move, rename, or delete the default root level folder.
To create a folder:
- In WatchGuard Cloud, select Configure > Fireboxes or Monitor > Fireboxes.
Device Manager appears.
- To the right of the folder where you want to create the new folder, click .
- Select Create a New Folder.
- In the Folder Name text box, type the name of the new folder.
- Click Create.
The folder is created inside the existing folder you selected.
To rename a folder:
- To the right of the folder you want to rename, click .
- Select Rename Folder.
- In the Folder Name text box, type the new folder name.
- Click Rename.
The folder is renamed.
To delete an empty folder:
- To the right of the folder you want to delete, click .
- Select Delete Folder.
- Click Delete.
The folder is deleted.
To move a folder:
- In the Device Manager tree, select the folder to move.
- Drag the folder to the folder you want to move it to.
The folder and folder contents are moved to the new location.
All Fireboxes are in the root level folder by default. You can move a Firebox to any other folder.
To move a Firebox to a different folder:
- In the Device Manager tree, select the device.
- Drag the device to the folder.
The device is moved to the folder you selected.
In the folder tree, you can click the folder name or folder icon to expand or collapse the folder tree or navigate to the folder.
- To open or close a folder, click the folder icon or name.
- To select a folder, click the folder name.
When you select a folder, the right side of the window shows information about the Fireboxes in the folder.
When you select a folder, the right side of the page shows information about the Fireboxes in the folder. The detail depends on whether you are in the Manage page or Configure page.
When you select a folder in the Configure page, the right side of the window shows a list of Fireboxes in the folder with their current logging setting, serial number, and Fireware OS version. To configure settings for a Firebox, click the Firebox name.
For more information about the Configure page, see Configure WatchGuard Cloud Device Settings.
When you select a folder in the Monitor page, the right side of the window shows dashboards and reports that contain combined data for all Fireboxes in the folder and any subfolders. Most dashboards and reports that are available for a single Firebox are also available for a folder.
These dashboards and reports are not available at the folder level:
- Log Manager and Log Search
- Health reports
When you schedule a report, you can select a folder to generate individual reports for all devices in the folder. The report data in a scheduled report is not aggregated. For more information about scheduled reports, see Schedule WatchGuard Cloud Reports.