In WatchGuard Cloud, you can create up to ten levels of folders to organize your Fireboxes. Each folder can contain Fireboxes, folders, or both. Folders help you to see status and summarized data for groups of Fireboxes.
For example, if you have Fireboxes at several geographic locations, you can create a folder for each location. This enables you to open the folder to see just the Fireboxes at that location, and to see summary status and aggregated reports for those Fireboxes.
You can add, rename, delete, and move folders.
You cannot move, rename, or delete the default top-level folder.
To create a folder:
- In WatchGuard Cloud, select Configure > Devices or Monitor > Devices.
- To the right of the folder where you want to create the new folder, click .
- Select Create a New Folder.
- In the Folder Name text box, type the name of the new folder.
- Click Create.
The new folder shows inside the existing folder you selected.
To rename a folder:
- To the right of the folder you want to rename, click .
- Select Rename a Folder.
- In the Folder Name text box, type the new folder name.
- Click Rename.
To delete an empty folder:
- To the right of the folder you want to delete, click .
- Select Delete a Folder.
The folder you select must be empty.
- Click Delete.
To move a folder:
- Select the folder to move.
- Drag the folder to the new location.
The folder and folder contents move to the new location.
All devices are in the top-level level folder by default. You can move a device to any other folder.
To move a device to a different folder:
- Select the device.
- Move the device to the folder.
You can click the top-level folder name or arrow icon to expand the tree.
- To open a folder, click the folder name or the arrow icon.
- To close a folder, click the arrow icon.
- To select a folder, click the folder name.
When you select a folder, the right side of the page shows information about the Fireboxes in the folder. The detail depends on whether you are on the Monitor page or Configure page.
When you select a folder on the Configure page, the right side of the window shows a list of Fireboxes in the folder with their current logging setting, serial number, and Fireware OS version. To configure settings for a Firebox, click the Firebox name.
For more information about the Configure page, see Configure Devices in WatchGuard Cloud.
When you select a folder in the Monitor page, the right side of the window shows dashboards and reports that contain combined data for all Fireboxes in the folder and any subfolders. Most dashboards and reports that are available for a single Firebox are also available for a folder.
These dashboards and reports are available at the device or account level:
- Log Manager and Log Search
- Health reports
When you schedule a report, you can select a folder to generate individual reports for all devices in the folder. The report data in a scheduled report is not aggregated. For more information about scheduled reports, see Schedule WatchGuard Cloud Reports.