Getting Started with WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud
You cannot manage WatchGuard Wi-Fi 6 APs in Wi-Fi Cloud. If you are looking for information about how to manage an AP130, AP330, AP430CR, or AP432 in WatchGuard Cloud, see About Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud.
To activate and configure your APs with Wi-Fi Cloud, see:
- Activate Your AP
- Connect and Power On the AP
- Connect to WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud
- Set up a Wireless Network with Discover
- Enable a Captive Portal for Guest Users
For best practices for network design, deployment, and configuration of wireless environments with Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud, go to the Wi-Fi Cloud Deployment Guide.
For more information about how to use Wi-Fi Cloud WIPS to create a Trusted Wireless Environment, got to Create a Trusted Wireless Environment with WIPS.
For additional resources, see the Wi-Fi Cloud documentation page on the WatchGuard web site.
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Solutions
WatchGuard offers these types of wireless security subscriptions for WatchGuard APs:
- Basic Wi-Fi — Use the Gateway Wireless Controller on a WatchGuard Firebox to configure, manage, and monitor WatchGuard APs directly from the Firebox.
- Secure Wi-Fi — Use WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud for WatchGuard AP management, security, and monitoring.
- Total Wi-Fi — Use WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud for WatchGuard AP management, security, and monitoring. Provides additional tools for guest user engagement, analytics, social media integration, captive portals, and splash page design.
For more information, see About Wi-Fi Cloud AP Licenses.
When you activate an AP and Wi-Fi Cloud subscription in your account for the first time, you activate a Total or Secure Wi-Fi subscription type. All future APs that you activate in your account must also have this same subscription type. Total Wi-Fi subscriptions provide several additional features that cannot be provisioned in the same account as Secure Wi-Fi APs. For more information, see Total Wi-Fi and Secure Wi-Fi AP subscription activations.