Connect and Power On the AP
After you have activated your AP, you can connect it to your network and power on the AP.
To connect and power on your AP:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet interface on the WatchGuard AP.
- AP120 — LAN interface
- AP125 — LAN2 interface (PoE)
- AP320 / AP322 — LAN1 interface (PoE)
- AP325 / AP420 — LAN1 interface (PoE+)
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your network.
- Make sure DHCP is enabled on the network where you connect the AP.
- Make sure that the AP has Internet connectivity and can communicate on these ports to the specified domains:
- HTTP port 80
- HTTPS port 443
- UDP port 3851
- UDP port 3852 is also required if you have AP420 devices that run in Cloud Integration Point (CIP) mode
To these domains:
- If your network does not support Power over Ethernet (PoE), connect the optional power adapter or PoE injector (sold separately).
After you power on the AP, wait a few minutes for the AP to initialize, then verify that the AP LED indicators are lit, and make sure the AP is online and can communicate with WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.
- AP120 — Power indicator is not lit and the Ethernet (LAN) indicator is solid green
- AP125 — Power indicator and the Ethernet (LAN2) indicator are solid green
- AP320 / AP322 / AP325 — Power indicator and the Ethernet (LAN1) indicator are solid green
- AP420 — Power/Ethernet, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz indicators are solid green.
To troubleshoot LED status, see the Hardware Guide for your AP.
Troubleshoot Connection Issues
If you have problems with your AP connection:
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is correctly connected to the Ethernet port on the AP and the other end of the cable is connected to an Ethernet jack or a port on a switch that is enabled.
- If the AP did not receive a valid IP address from the DHCP server, make sure that a DHCP server is enabled and available on the network to which the AP is connected. If the AP still fails to get a valid IP address, you can reboot it once to try to resolve the problem.
- Make sure that Internet connectivity is available from the network to which the AP is connected. Verify that the required ports for communications to WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud (HTTP TCP ports 80/443, and UDP port 3851 to redirector.online.spectraguard.net) are open on the firewall. If you use a web proxy server, make sure the settings allow communication between the AP and WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.