Connect and Power On the AP
To connect and power on your AP:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet interface on the WatchGuard AP.
- AP120 — LAN interface
- AP125 — LAN2 interface (PoE)
- AP225W — POE In LAN/Uplink interface
- AP320 / AP322 — LAN1 interface (PoE)
- AP325 / AP327X / AP420 — LAN1 interface (PoE+)
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your network.
- Make sure DHCP is enabled on the network where you connect the AP.
If you want to set a static IP address for your AP after the initial setup, see How to set a static IP address for an AP in WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.
- Make sure that the AP has Internet connectivity and can communicate on these ports to the specified domains:
- HTTP port 80
- HTTPS port 443
- UDP port 3851
- UDP port 3852 is also required if you have AP420 devices that run in Cloud Integration Point (CIP) mode
To these domains:
If you use a WatchGuard Firebox that runs Fireware OS v11.11.4 or higher, the Firebox configuration file includes the predefined WG-Cloud-Managed-WiFi packet filter policy that you can add to the configuration to enable traffic over the ports required for WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud domains.
- If your network does not support Power over Ethernet (PoE), connect the optional power adapter or PoE injector (sold separately).
After you power on the AP, wait a few minutes for the AP to initialize, then verify that the AP LED indicators are lit, and make sure the AP is online and can communicate with WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.
Troubleshoot Connection Issues
If you have problems with your AP connection:
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is correctly connected to the Ethernet port on the AP and the other end of the cable is connected to an Ethernet jack or a port on a switch that is enabled.
- If the AP did not receive a valid IP address from the DHCP server, make sure that a DHCP server is enabled and available on the network to which the AP is connected. If the AP still fails to get a valid IP address, you can reboot it once to try to resolve the problem.
- Make sure that Internet connectivity is available from the network to which the AP is connected. Verify that the required ports for communications to WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud (HTTP TCP ports 80/443, and UDP port 3851 to redirector.online.spectraguard.net) are open on the firewall. If you use a web proxy server, make sure the settings allow communication between the AP and WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.