Applies To: Cloud-managed Fireboxes
This feature is only available to participants in the WatchGuard Cloud Beta program.
In most cases, the easiest way to upgrade a cloud-managed Firebox is to use the Firmware Upgrade feature in WatchGuard Cloud. You can also use Fireware Web UI to upgrade the Firebox.
You can use Fireware Web UI to install an update that is not available in WatchGuard Cloud. This could include updates such as a CSP (customer-specific patch), or a component package.
In Fireware Web UI, you can select an available Fireware upgrade, or you can select a local upgrade file. If your Firebox is not online, you must use a local upgrade file.
Download an Upgrade File
To download an upgrade file:
- Go to software.watchguard.com.
- Select your Firebox model.
- Download the Fireware Sysa-dl (ZIP file).
- Extract the sysa-dl file from the zip file.
To log in to Fireware Web UI:
- From a computer on a network connected to the Firebox, open a web browser.
- In the web browser, go to https://<firebox IP address>>:8080.
The Fireware Web UI login page appears.
- Log in with the user name admin and the Admin Password you set for this device in WatchGuard Cloud.
To upgrade Fireware:
- Select Firmware Upgrade.
- Select the upgrade method.
- To install an available upgrade, select it from the drop-down list.
- To use an upgrade file, select I have an upgrade File and then choose a sysa-dl upgrade file.
- Click Upgrade.
For information about Fireware Web UI, see About Fireware Web UI for a Cloud-Managed Firebox.