When you select the encryption setting, the option you select specifies whether TLS encryption is used, and the type of TLS encryption. The available encryption settings include:
- None — TLS encryption is not used
- Allowed — Uses TLS encryption, if available (default)
- Required — Requires TLS encryption for SMTP connections
- Required with verification — Messages are only sent over TLS encrypted sessions if the remote SMTP server certificate is valid and if the server certificate name matches a known pattern. If the certificate fails verification, the message is deferred.
To unlock the configuration so you can make changes, click .
For more information about how to unlock and lock the Dimension configuration, see Lock and Unlock the Dimension Configuration.
In the Email Settings section:
- Select the Enable outgoing email check box.
- In the Email Server IP Address text box, type the IP address or FQDN of the email server to use to send email from Dimension.
- In the Port text box, specify the port that Dimension must use to contact the email server and send email.
- From the Encryption drop-down list, select an option:
- Allowed (default)
- Required with verification
- If your email server requires user credentials to send email:
- Select the Send credentials to the email server check box.
- In the User name text box, type the user name to send to the email server.
- In the Passphrase text box, type the passphrase to sent to the email server.
- Click Save.