To enable Dimension to send email notifications, you must configure the Email Settings. On the System Settings > Configuration page, you can enable Dimension to send outgoing email, and specify the IP address of the email server, the port and encryption settings, and specify the credentials to send to the email server (if necessary).
When you select the encryption setting, the option you select specifies whether TLS encryption is used, and the type of TLS encryption. The available encryption settings include:
- None — TLS encryption is not used
- Allowed — Uses TLS encryption, if available (default)
- Required — Requires TLS encryption for SMTP connections
- Required with verification — Messages are only sent over TLS encrypted sessions if the remote SMTP server certificate is valid and if the server certificate name matches a known pattern. If the certificate fails verification, the message is deferred.
To unlock the configuration so you can make changes, click .
For more information about how to unlock and lock the Dimension configuration, see Lock and Unlock the Dimension Configuration.
In the Email Settings section:
- Select the Enable outgoing email check box.
- In the Email Server IP Address text box, type the IP address or FQDN of the email server to use to send email from Dimension.
- In the Port text box, specify the port that Dimension must use to contact the email server and send email.
- From the Encryption drop-down list, select an option:
- Allowed (default)
- Required with verification
- If your email server requires user credentials to send email:
- Select the Send credentials to the email server check box.
- In the User name text box, type the user name to send to the email server.
- In the Passphrase text box, type the passphrase to sent to the email server.
- Click Save.