Applies To: WatchGuard Patch Management
WatchGuard Patch Management is an optional module available with WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, and WatchGuard EPP licenses.
Patch Management finds computers on the network with known software vulnerabilities and helps you to identify which devices are susceptible to malicious attacks.
Patch Management compares the patches installed on computers in your network to a database of all updates released by software vendors and identifies any computers that run vulnerable operating systems or software.
Patch Management identifies computers that have these vulnerabilities:
- Microsoft operating systems and applications that do not have available patches installed
- Third-party applications that do not have available patches installed
- Microsoft operating systems and third-party applications that are end-of-life
After Patch Management identifies vulnerable computers, you can create and schedule tasks to install the available patches and updates. This helps you to minimize the attack surface and prevent malware attacks on vulnerable workstations and servers.
To learn more about Patch Management, see:
- Patch Management Requirements
- Configure Patch Management Security Settings
- Patch Management Dashboard
- See Available Patches
- Review End-of-Life Programs
- Install Patches
- Download Patches Manually
- Exclude Patches
- Patch Management Best Practices