Applies To: WatchGuard Patch Management
The Patch Management dashboard shows an overview of the WatchGuard Patch Management module status. Several tiles provide important information and provide links to more details.
To open the Patch Management dashboard:
- From the top navigation bar, select Status.
- From left pane, select Patch Management.
The Patch Management dashboard opens.
- To view detailed information, click a tile. The Patch Management dashboard includes these tiles:
- Patch Management Status
- Time Since Last Check
- End-of-Life Programs
- Available Patches
- Last Patch Installation Tasks
The Patch Management Status tile shows the status of Patch Management on computers in your network. Use this tile to identify problems, such as computers where Patch Management did not install correctly, computers with no Patch Management license, and other issues.
The tile shows the number and percentage of computers with these statuses:
- Enabled — Patch Management installed successfully, runs with no issues, and the assigned settings enable the module to search for patches automatically.
- Disabled — Patch Management installed successfully, runs with no issues, but the assigned settings do not enable the module to search for patches automatically.
- No license — Patch Management does not work because no license is assigned to the computer or there are insufficient licenses.
- Error Installing — Patch Management could not install.
- No Information — The computer has a license, but has not yet reported status to the cloud, or has an outdated agent installed.
- Error — Patch Management does not respond to requests sent from the cloud, or has settings that are different from those configured in WatchGuard Cloud.
Click a status to open the Patch Management Status list filtered to show devices with that status.
The Time Since Last Check tile shows the number of computers that have not connected to the WatchGuard server and reported patch status for more than 3, 7, and 30 days. Use this tile to identify computers that might be at risk and require your attention.
Click a number to open the Patch Management Status list filtered to show the relevant devices.
The End-of-Life Programs tile shows information about programs that have reached or are close to end-of-life, grouped by end-of-life date. End-of-life programs are no longer supported by the software vendor and do not receive patches to resolve security issues and vulnerabilities.
The tile shows the number of computers on the network with these types of programs installed:
- Currently in EOL — Programs that have reached end-of-life and do not receive updates from the vendor.
- In EOL (Currently or in 1 Year — Programs that have reached end-of-life or will in the next year.
- With Known EOL Date — Programs that have a known end-of-life date more than one year in the future.
Click a number to open the End-of-Life Programs list filtered to show the relevant computers. For more information, see Review End-of-Life Programs.
The Available Patches tile shows the number of patches of different types that are available for computers on the network.
Numbers on this tile count the same patch multiple times if multiple computers do not have the patch installed. Similarly, a computer counts multiple times if it is missing multiple patches.
The tile shows these types of patches:
- Security Patches — Patches for security issues that are available for installation on your computers.
- Critical — Security patches classified as critical.
- Important — Security patches classified as important.
- Low — Security patches classified as low.
- Unspecified — Security patches that do not have a severity classification.
- Other Patches (Non-security Related) — Other patches not related to security that are available for installation on computers.
- Service Packs — Patch and hotfix bundles that are missing from computers.
Click a patch type to open the Available Patches list filtered to show the relevant patches. To show patches of all types, click View All Available Patches.
To review details of patch installation tasks, click View Installation History. For more information, see See Installation History.
To review a list of excluded patches, click View Excluded Patches. For more information, see Exclude Patches.
The Last Patch Installation Tasks tile lists recently created patch installation tasks and shows their status.
Use the options on this tile to manage patch installation tasks:
- To edit a task, click its name. For more information, see Manage Tasks.
- To cancel a task, next to the task name, click and select Cancel.
- To see the results of a task, next to the task name, click and select View Results.
- To view all tasks in the Tasks page, click View All.
- To view details of all patch installation tasks, click View Installation History. For more information, see See Installation History.
For more information about patch installation, see Install Patches.