On the Network Settings page, you create settings profiles to specify the language of WatchGuard Endpoint Security installed on computers and devices. You can also define the type of connection to WatchGuard Cloud with proxies and add cache computers that act as repositories for signature files and other components.
Settings vary for WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, and WatchGuard EPP. If you do not see a setting in the web UI, it is not supported by your product.
To configure a network settings profile:
- From the top navigation bar, select Settings.
- From the left pane, select Network Settings.
- Select an existing security settings profile to edit, copy an existing profile, or in the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to create a new profile.
The Add Settings or Edit Settings page opens.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the settings profile.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a brief description of the settings profile.
- Configure these settings, as required.
- Click Save.
The settings profile appears in the list.
- Select the profile and assign recipients, if required.
For more information, see Assign a Settings Profile.
Configure the language of the software installed on computers and servers. Users cannot change the specified language.
To configure the language of the client software:
- Select Language.
- From the Protection Language list, select the language you want to display the client software in.
A proxy acts as an intermediary for the communication between two computers: a client on an internal network (an intranet, for example) and a server on an extranet or the Internet. In the network settings profile, you can add proxies for Windows computers, and then specify the order computers in the subnet use the proxies.
When there are multiple computers, the first available computer in the list is the proxy. If it becomes unavailable, your computers try the next proxy computer on the list until the end of the list is reached, then they try the first computer again until they can connect.
To configure the Proxies list:
- Select Proxy.
- To add a proxy, click and follow the steps in Add a Proxy (Windows computers).
- To edit an existing proxy, select the check box next to the proxy and then click .
- To delete a proxy, select the proxy and click .
- To change the precedence of proxies in the list, click the arrows.
- To disable real-time communication between proxies and the computers and devices on your network, select Advanced Options.
For more information, see Disable Real-time Communication.
After you designate a computer as a cache, you can change the order of cache computers that the computers and devices in your network will use on the Network Settings page. The first available computer will be the cache they use. However, if it becomes unavailable, your computers and devices will try the next computer on the list.
To configure the cache computer access list:
- Select Cache.
- To enables computers to automatically look for cache nodes on their network segment, select Automatically use the cache computers seen on the network.
For more information, see Configure Downloads from Cache Computers (Windows computers).
- To specify the order of the cache computers you want to use, select Use the following cache computers (in order of preference).
- To add a cache computer, click and select a computer. If there are no cache computers, follow the steps in Designate a Cache Computer (Windows computers).
- To edit an existing cache, select the check box next to the cache and then click .
- To delete a cache computer, select the computer and click .
- To change the precedence of the computers in the list, click the arrows.
When there are multiple cache computers, the first available computer is the cache. If it becomes unavailable, your computers try the next computer on the list until the end of the list is reached, then they try the first computer again until they can connect.