Before you can authenticate with AuthPoint, you must activate your token. A token is something that contains information that is used to identify you and associate you with a device.
You activate a token on a device that is used for authentication, such as a mobile phone. This device is then used to gain access to protected resources that require multi-factor authentication.
The AuthPoint app must be installed on your mobile device before you activate your token.
There are two ways to activate a token on your mobile device. You can use the link in the Activation email that is sent to you or you can click the Activate Token link on the authentication pageThis is the page you see when you log in to a protected resource, such as the IdP portal. It is where you choose an authentication method.. You might choose to activate your token from the authentication page if you do not receive the Activation email.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the IdP portal or to any protected SAML resource to see the authentication pageThis is the page you see when you log in to a protected resource, such as the IdP portal. It is where you choose an authentication method..
- Type your AuthPoint user name or email. Click Next.
- Click Activate Token.
This option is only available when you have a pending token that has not been activated.
- Type your password. Click Next.
- Open the AuthPoint app and scan the generated QR code to activate your token.
- Open the Activation email you received. If you did not receive the Activation email or cannot find it, ask your AuthPoint administrator to resend the Activation email.
- Click the activation link in the email.
The Welcome to AuthPoint web page appears, with an Activate link and a QR code.
- Activate your token:
- If you opened the web page on your phone, tap the Activate button. This opens the AuthPoint app and activates your token.
- If you opened the web page on your computer, open the AuthPoint app on your phone and tap Activate, then point the camera on your phone at the QR code on your computer screen.
If you have already activated an token, tap to open the QR code reader. Then point the camera on your phone at the QR code on your computer screen.
Tokens are specific to the device they are activated on. If you want to use multiple devices for authentication, you must activate a separate token on each device you plan to use.