If you forget your mobile device at home, or do not have access to it for some other reason, your AuthPoint administrator can allow you to log in without your mobile device for a set amount of time.
Follow these steps if you do not have access to the mobile device you use for authentication:
- Contact your AuthPoint administrator and tell them that you do not have access to your mobile device.
- When asked for an Activation Code, click Forgot Token.If you are logged on to your computer:
If the Logon app is not installed and you can log on to your computer, you must go to the single sign-on (SSO) pageThis is the authentication page you see when you log on to the IdP portal page or a protected resource. It is where you choose an authentication method. to use the Forgot Token feature.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the IdP portal or to any protected SAML resource to see the SSO page.
- Type your AuthPoint user name or email. Click Next.
If the Logon app is installed:
- On the SSO page, click Forgot Token.
The Forgot Token window opens.
If the Logon app is installed, you must activate the Forgot Token feature before you can log on to your computer. You can do this from the computer logon page.
- On the computer logon page, select Sign-in Options.
- Select Forgot Token.
- Type your password and press Enter or Return.
You see the Forgot Token page.
- Provide your AuthPoint administrator with the Activation Code shown in the Forgot Token window.
- In the Password text box, type your AuthPoint password. This is only necessary if you enable the Forgot Token feature from the SSO page.
- Type the Period (hour) and Verification Code values that your AuthPoint administrator gives to you.
- Click Validate.
You are logged in to the protected resource.
After you validate your password and the Period and Verification Code values, you are logged in. AuthPoint multi-factor authentication is disabled for the time period specified by your account administrator. For the specified amount of time, you can log in with only your user name and password.