Applies To: WatchGuard Cloud-managed Access Points
It is important to keep your access point firmware up-to-date to support new features and resolve previous issues.
If there is a newer firmware version available than the version that runs on your device, a link to upgrade your device appears on the Device Summary page.
To update your access point firmware:
- Select Configure > Devices.
- Select the access point you want to upgrade.
- Click Upgrade Firmware to [version].
If you do not see this link, your access point has the latest firmware version already installed.
- From the Firmware Version drop-down list, select the firmware version to upgrade to.
- Click Next.
The Select Devices page opens.
- From the list of devices, select the devices to upgrade. Click Next.
The Schedule Upgrade page opens.
- Select when to upgrade the firmware:
- To upgrade selected devices now, select Upgrade now. This option is available only if all selected devices are connected to WatchGuard Cloud.
- To schedule the upgrade for a later time, select Schedule upgrade. Specify the Start Date, Start Time, and Time Zone when the upgrade will occur.
- Select the Adjust for daylight saving time check box to automatically adjust the time during daylight savings.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the upgrade details. Click Save.
The default time zone for a scheduled upgrade is based on the time zone of the web browser. Make sure that the selected upgrade time and time zone correspond to the local time you want to upgrade each selected device.
For more information about how to upgrade your devices, see Upgrade Firmware from WatchGuard Cloud.