You can create a scheduled scan task to scan the computers and devices on your network for malicious programs and viruses.
For information on how to scan a computer immediately, see Start a Scan Now .
Add a Scheduled Scan Task
To add a scheduled scan, from the Tasks page:
- From the top navigation bar, select Tasks.
- Click Add Task > Scheduled Scan.
The New Task dialog box opens.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the scan task.
- In the Description text box, type a description of the scan task.
- In the Recipients text box, to add computers to scan, click the recipients.
To see a list of the computers to scan, click View Computers.
- To add computer groups and computers, click .
- Select the computer groups or computers you want to scan.
- Click Add.
- Click Back.
- Select when the scan will start.
- To start the scan as soon as possible, select the check box.
- To start the scan at a specific time, select the date and time.
To specify the time based on the time on the discovery computer, select the Computer's Local Time check box.
If you do not select this check box, the time is based on WatchGuard Cloud server time.
- From the Maximum Run Time drop-down list, select how long to retain the scan task when the computer is not connected to the WatchGuard Cloud at the selected time.
- From the Frequency drop-down list, select how often you want the scan to run (One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
- If you select Weekly, specify the day or days of the week to run the scan each week.
- If you select Monthly, specify the day or date to run the scan each month.
- Select scan options.
For more information, see Scan Options.
- In the upper-right corner, click Save.
Lower Versions of WatchGuard Endpoint Security
If the recipient computers have a lower version of WatchGuard Endpoint Security installed, they might not correctly interpret frequency settings. Computers with lower versions of WatchGuard Endpoint Security interpret the task frequency settings as follows.
- Daily Tasks — Unchanged.
- Weekly Tasks — Recipient computers ignore the days selected in the task by the administrator in the latest software. The first run occurs on the specified start date and then runs again every 7 days.
- Monthly Tasks — Recipient computers ignore the days selected in the task by the administrator in the latest software. The first run occurs on the specified start date indicated and then runs again every 30 days.