After you create and configure a task, it appears in the list of configured tasks. The status shows as Unpublished and it is not yet active. The task cannot run until you publish it and add it to the scheduler queue.
To publish a task, on the Tasks page:
- Select the task you created to open it.
- Click No recipients selected yet.
The Recipients page opens.
- Click .
The Add Group dialog box opens.
- Select groups and computers to apply the task to.
- Click Add.
- To run the task only on a particular type of computer or device, select the check boxes for the device type you want to include (for example, Workstation, Laptop, Server, Mobile Device).
- Click Back to return to the task.
- Click Save
The task appears as Unpublished in the list.
- Click Publish.
The task runs based on its settings.