To resolve a situation when WatchGuard Endpoint Security does not run correctly on a workstation or server, you can reinstall it remotely from WatchGuard Cloud.
- The target computer must be a Windows workstation or server.
- A computer with the discovery computer role must exist on the same network segment as the computer you want to reinstall software on.
- The discovery computer and WatchGuard server can communicate.
- You have local admin or domain admin account credentials.
Identify Unprotected Workstations and Servers
Use the Unprotected Workstations and Unprotected Servers lists to find computers and servers on the network that need to have software reinstalled.
To identify unprotected workstations and servers:
- In WatchGuard Cloud, select Monitor > Endpoints.
- Select Status.
- In the My Lists section of the left pane, select the Unprotected Workstations and Laptops or Unprotected Servers list.
If these lists are not in your My Lists section, click Add to add them.
- To view the details on why a computer is unprotected, select the computer in the list.
Reinstall the Endpoint Software
You must reinstall the WatchGuard Endpoint Agent and the endpoint security software separately. Refer to the appropriate procedure:
- Reinstall the WatchGuard Endpoint Agent (Windows computers)
- Reinstall Endpoint Security (Windows computers)
When you click Reinstall, the discovery computer:
- Connects to the computer you want to reinstall the agent on.
- Uninstalls the agent installed on the computer.
- Downloads a new WatchGuard Endpoint Agent preconfigured with the customer, group, and network settings assigned to the computer. The agent is copied to the computer and runs remotely.
If an error occurs during the process, an uninstaller launches and, if needed, a message prompts the user to restart the computer. For information on software reinstallation errors, see Computer Details – Notifications.