This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Veracode with AuthPoint, and configure Veracode to integrate with AuthPoint SAML.
Veracode must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint. Veracode can be configured to support MFA in several modes. For this integration, we set up SAML with AuthPoint.
Veracode Authentication Data Flow with AuthPoint
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for a Veracode.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- End-users can log in to Veracode
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificate (see Certificate Management)
To configure MFA for Veracode, you must first contact Veracode technical support to request that they enable SAML for your account. When SAML is enabled, users with the Administrator role can see the SAML tab on the Administration page.
- Send an email message to Veracode technical support ([email protected]) to request that they enable SAML for your account.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Certificate and Download Metadata. We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case Veracode, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Log in to Veracode as an administrator.
- Click the settings icon and select Admin.
- Select SAML.
- Open the AuthPoint metadata file you downloaded and find the entityID value.
- In Veracode, in the Issuer text box, type or paste theentity ID value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- Next to Assertion Signing Certificate, click Browse and upload the certificate you downloaded from AuthPoint.
- Select the Enable Self Registration check box.
- In the Self Registration Settings section, select the User Roles check box.
- Select these roles:
- Policy Administrator
- Security Lead
- Click Save.
Configure a User for SAML Access
There must be a user record in Veracode for a user to log in with SAML. To create a user record for a SAML user:
- Select Admin > Users > Add New User.
- Type a first and last name.
- In the Email text box, type the email address that is associated with that user's AuthPoint user account.
- For Login Type, select SAML.
- In the SAML Subject text box, type the email address that is associated with that user's AuthPoint user account. This is the same email address used in the previous step.
- In the Access Settings section, select the user roles you need.
- Click Save.
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from Veracode, you must specify Veracode as a SAML resource in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policy for the Veracode resource to the user groups that must authenticate to log in.
Add a SAML Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add Resource.
- On the SAML page, in the Name text box, type a name for this resource.
- From the Application Type drop-down list, select Veracode.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type https://analysiscenter.veracode.com/saml.
- In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type https://analysiscenter.veracode.com/saml.
- From the User ID sent on redirection to service provider drop-down list, select Email.
- From the Signature Method drop-down list, select SHA-256.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the AuthPoint certificate to associate with your resource. This must be the same certificate that you used to download the metadata file in the Configure Veracode section.
- Click Save.
Veracode only supports identity provider initiated logins. To use MFA with Veracode, you must add an IdP portal resource. For detailed steps, see Configure the IdP Portal.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with Veracode, then you must assign an access policy for the Veracode resource and an access policy for IdP portal to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add Group. If you already have a group that you want to use, select the group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, enable the Require Password Authentication toggle.
- Select the authentication options that users in this group can select from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must select one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push, users can choose to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate. You cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you assign users to a group, you must add the users to AuthPoint. You can manually add user accounts or import user accounts from an external user database. For more information on how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test AuthPoint MFA with Veracode, you can authenticate with a mobile token on your mobile device. For SAML resources, you can choose any method (push, QR code, or one-time password).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
- In a web browser, go to the IdP portal. You can see the URL for the IdP portal when you edit your IdP portal resource in the AuthPoint management UI.
- Type your email address or AuthPoint user name. Click Next.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- For the authentication method, select Send Push.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
- In the IdP portal, select Veracode.
You are logged in to Veracode .