This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for join.me® with AuthPoint as an identity provider. Join.me must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint.
Join.me can be configured to support MFA in several modes. For this integration, we set up SAML with AuthPoint.
Join.me Authentication Data Flow with AuthPoint
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for join.me.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users can log in to join.me
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificate (see Certificate Management)
To start, you must download the metadata file from the Certificate Management page in the AuthPoint management UI. Once you have that, you must contact join.me support to have them configure MFA.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Metadata and Download Certificate.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case join.me, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Contact join.me support and provide them with your AuthPoint metadata file, AuthPoint certificate, and the domain you want to configure. You receive an email from join.me support when MFA is configured.
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from join.me, you must specify the join.me client as a SAML resource in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policy for the join.me resource to the user group(s) that must authenticate to log in.
Add a SAML Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add Resource.
- On the SAML page, in the Name text box, type a name for this resource.
- From the Application Type drop-down list, select join.me. If this application is not listed, select Other.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type https://accounts.logme.in.
- In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type https://accounts.logme.in/federated/saml2.aspx?returnurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.join.me%2Ffederated%2Floginsso.aspx.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the SAML certificate to associate with your resource. This must be the same certificate that you chose in the Configure join.me section.
- Click Save.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with join.me, and you must assign an access policy for the join.me resource to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add Group. If you already have a group that you want to use, select the group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, enable the Require Password Authentication toggle.
- Select the authentication options that users in this group can select from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must select one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push, users can choose to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate. You cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you assign users to a group, you must add the users to AuthPoint. You can manually add user accounts or import user accounts from an external user database. For more information on how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test AuthPoint MFA with join.me, you can authenticate with a mobile token on your mobile device. For SAML resources, you can choose any method (push, QR code, or one-time password).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
- In a web browser, go to the join.me URL.
- Type your email address or AuthPoint user name. Click Next.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- For the authentication method, select Push.
- Click Send.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
You are logged in to join.me.