This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Desknet's NEO with AuthPoint as an identity provider. Desknet's NEO must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint.
Desknet's NEO can be configured to support MFA in several modes. For this integration, we set up SAML with AuthPoint.
Desknet's NEO Authentication Overview
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for Desknet's NEO.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users can log in to Desknet's NEO
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificate (see Certificate Management)
To start, you must download the metadata file from the Certificate Management page in the AuthPoint management UI. Once you have that, you can configure Desknet's NEO.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Metadata. We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case Desknet's NEO, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Log in to Desknet's NEO as an administrator.
- (Optional) The default language for is Japanese. If you want to change the language to English:
- Click 管理者設定 on the home page.
- In the 基本設定 section, next to 言語 click 日本語. On the page that appears, you can select English from the drop-down list.
- Click 変更.
The Current Settings page loads.
- Click Palette Menu.
- Select the Option Menu Settings tab.
- Click Add Option Menu.
- In the Menu Name text box, type a name. In our example, we type AuthPoint.
- In the URL text box, type zsamlset.cgi?cmd=samlsetadmin.
- Click Select User/Group/Role.
The Select window appears.
- Select Administrators.
- Click OK.
The Select window closes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add.
- We recommend that you make your menu visible in the site so that you can continue to configure the settings. To do this, select the Common Palette Menu Settings tab.
- From the Show drop-down list, select Option Menu.
- Click and drag the menu item you created to the menu on the left.
- Click Update.
The menu item you added appears in the left menu.
- Select the menu item that you added.
A new tab opens.
- For SAML Authentication, select Do Not Use to modify your configuration so you can make changes. Then select Use again.
- For the Desknet's NEO access URL, in the desknet's NEO text box type https://<your instance>/cgi-bin/dneo.
- Open the AuthPoint metadata file you downloaded and copy the SingleSignOnService Location value.
- In Desknet's NEO, in the IdP Server Settings Access URL text box, paste the SingleSignOnService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- In the SP Entity ID text box, type a name. In our example, we type DesknetsNEO.
The SP Entity ID that you specify is used in AuthPoint to configure your SAML resource.
- Click Update.
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from Desknet's NEO, you must specify the Desknet's NEO client as a SAML resource in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policy for the Desknet's NEO resource to the user group(s) that must authenticate to log in.
Add a SAML Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add Resource.
- On the SAML page, in the Name text box, type a descriptive name for this resource. We recommend that you name the resource for the application it represents. In our example, we name the resource Desknet's NEO.
- From the Application Type drop-down list, select Other.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type the SP Entity ID value that you configured in Desknet's NEO. In our example, we type DesknetsNEO.
In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type https://<your instance>/cgi-bin/dneo/zsaml.cgi.
You can get this URL from the page shown when you select the AuthPoint menu item that you added in Desknet's NEO.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the certificate to associate with your resource. This must be the same certificate that you downloaded the metadata for in the Configure Desknet's NEO section.
- Click Save.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with Desknet's NEO, and you must assign an access policy for the Desknet's NEO resource to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add Group. If you already have a group that you want to use, select the group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, enable the Require Password Authentication toggle.
- Select the authentication options that users in this group can select from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must select one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push, users can choose to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate. You cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you assign users to a group, you must add the users to AuthPoint. You can manually add user accounts or import user accounts from an external user database. For more information on how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test AuthPoint MFA with Desknet's NEO, you can authenticate with a mobile token on your mobile device. For SAML resources, you can choose any method (push, QR code, or one-time password).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
- In a web browser, go to the Desknet's NEO SAML login URL.
- Type your email address or AuthPoint user name. Click Next.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- For the authentication method, select Push.
- Click Send.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
You are logged in to Desknet's NEO.