This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for CylanceProtect® with AuthPoint as an identity provider. CylanceProtect must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint.
For this integration, we set up SAML with AuthPoint.
CylanceProtect Authentication Data Flow with AuthPoint
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for a CylanceProtect.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users can log in to CylanceProtect
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificateAn AuthPoint IdP certificate is required for SAML authentication. (see Certificate Management)
To start, you must download the metadata fileThe metadata provides your resource with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider. from the Certificate Management page in the AuthPoint management UI. Once you have that, you can configure CylanceProtect.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Metadata.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case Cylance, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Log in to the CylanceProtect console as an administrator.
- Select Settings> Application.
- Select the Custom Authentication checkbox.
- Select Strong Authentication.
- Select the Allow Password Login checkbox.
- From Provider drop-down list, select Custom.
- Open the AuthPoint metadata file you downloaded and find the X509Certificate and SingleSignOnService Location values.
- In the X.509 Certificate text box, paste the X509Certificate value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- In the Login URL text box, paste the SingleSignOnService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- Click Save.
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from CylanceProtect, you must specify CylanceProtect as a SAML resourceIn AuthPoint, resources are the applications and services that your users connect to. in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policyAccess policies specify which resources users in a group can authenticate to and which authentication methods they can use. for the CylanceProtect resource to the user group(s) that must authenticate to log in.
Add a CylanceProtect Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add.
- In the Name text box, type name.
- From Application Type drop down list, select Others.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type https://login.cylance.com/EnterpriseLogin/ConsumeSaml.
- In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type https://login.cylance.com/EnterpriseLogin/ConsumeSaml.
The Service Provider Entity ID and Assertion Consumer Service vary by region. The values provided are for North America. For the values used for other regions, see CylanceProtect help.
- From the User ID sent on redirection to service provider drop-down list, select Email.
- From the Signature Method drop down list, select SHA-256.
- Make sure the Encryption enabled is not selected.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the certificate to associate with your resource.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date. For more information, see Certificate Management.
- Click Save.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with CylanceProtect, and you must assign an access policy for the CylanceProtect resource to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- Select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add. If you already have a group that you want to use, click the Name of your group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, select the Require Password Authentication slider.
- Select which authentication options users in this group can choose from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must choose one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push users can choose whether to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate, but you cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you can assign users to a group, you must add them to AuthPoint. You can either manually add user accounts, or import user accounts from your LDAP database. For more information about how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test the integration of AuthPoint and CylanceProtect, you can authenticate with a mobile token on your mobile device. You can choose any method (one-time password, QR code, or push).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
- In a web browser, go to the CylanceProtect log on page.
- Click Or sign in with your External Identity Provider.
- Type your email address.
- Click Sign In.
The AuthPoint single sign-on page opens.
- From the AuthPoint single sign-on page, type your email address. Click Next.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- Click Send Push.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
You are logged in to CylanceProtect.