Use RapidDeploy to Upload a Configuration File
You can upload a configuration file to the Product Details page on the WatchGuard website as a quick and efficient way to automatically configure a Firebox. This enables you to deploy devices to a remote location without the need to have trained IT staff present at the remote site. Before the Firebox is connected to the network at the remote site, you create and upload a device configuration file to the Product Details page on the WatchGuard website. When the device is powered on with factory default settings, it automatically connects to your account on the WatchGuard website to download the configuration file you uploaded to the website for it.
Requirements to use RapidDeploy:
The Firebox you want to use RapidDeploy to configure must be manufactured with Fireware v11.6.3 or higher.
- You must use the File > Save > As Version option in Policy Manager to save the configuration file for a Fireware version that is lower than or equal to the version of OS on the device you want to remotely configure. For more information, see see Create a Configuration File for RapidDeploy. Tip!The Firebox rejects a RapidDeploy configuration file if the configuration file is compatible with a higher software version than the version of Fireware currently installed on the Firebox.
- If the remote device uses a version of Fireware lower than v11.7.3 Update 1, the network where you connect the remote device must use DHCP to dynamically assign an IP address to the external interface of the device. For more information, see Connect the Firebox.
Devices originally manufactured with a version of Fireware OS lower than v11.6.3 do not support RapidDeploy, even if you upgrade the device to use a newer version of Fireware OS.
To upload a configuration file to the RapidDeploy pages of the WatchGuard website, you must complete four procedures:
- Activate the Firebox and any add-on features on the WatchGuard website.
For more information, see Get a Firebox Feature Key.
- Create a configuration file for the device.
For more information about how to create the file, see Create a Configuration File for RapidDeploy.
- Upload the configuration file to the RapidDeploy section of the Product Details page for this device, and set the Device Management passphrases. There are two methods you can use to upload a configuration file.
- Upload a file for a single device to the Product Details page. For more information, see Upload a Configuration File for RapidDeploy.
- Upload a file to RapidDeploy Configuration Manager and assign it to one or more appliances. For more information, see Use RapidDeploy Configuration Manager.
- Connect the device at the remote site.
For more information, see Connect the Firebox.
Any time a device that supports RapidDeploy is powered on with factory-default settings, the device automatically tries to download the configuration file from RapidDeploy, the feature key, and device passphrases.
Even if RapidDeploy is not enabled, any Firebox that supports RapidDeploy can still automatically download the feature key when it is started with factory-default settings.