From the Users page, you can resend the Set Password email to any of your manually created AuthPoint users (users not synced from Active Directory or an LDAP database). The primary reasons to do this are:
- The user does not receive the Set Password email or they delete it accidentally
- To allow a user to reset their password (users can also do this themselves)
The Set Password email applies only to users that were manually created in AuthPoint. Users synced from Active Directory or an LDAP database use the password defined for them in the authentication database as their AuthPoint password. They do not set a password for AuthPoint and they do not receive the Set Password email when their user account is synced to AuthPoint.
Before you continue, make sure that the user account has a valid email address. If the email address for a user account is not correct, the user cannot receive the email message to set a password.
To resend the Set Password email to a user:
- From the navigation menu, select Users.
The Users page appears.
- Make sure the correct user email address appears.
- In the relevant user row, click and select Resend Set Password Email.
- Click Yes.
The Set Password email is sent to the user with a link to set their password.