You can use the Check Connection option to test the connection to any of your external identities. This is a quick and easy way to verify that your external identity is connected to your Gateway and that AuthPoint can reach your Active Directory or LDAP database.
The Check Connection option only verifies the IP address, port, and the user name and password of your System Account user.
To test the connection to your external identity:
- From the navigation menu, select External Identities.
- Next to the external identity you added for your LDAP database, click and select Check Connection.
- WatchGuard Cloud (AuthPoint) tries to communicate with your external identity through the Gateway installed on your network. If AuthPoint can reach your Active Directory or LDAP database, you see a success message after you check the connection.
If AuthPoint cannot connect to your external identity:
- Verify that the settings for your external identity are configured correctly
- Verify that your external identity is added to the configuration for your Gateway
If the Check Connection option indicates a successful connection to your external identity but no LDAP groups are available when you add a group sync and no users are selected when you validate an advanced query, verify that your LDAP Search Base is correct. The reason for this is that the Check Connection option only verifies the IP address, port, and the user name and password of your System Account user.