The WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client initially uses a 30-day trial license. To use the client after the initial 30 day trial period, you must purchase a WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client license, and use the license to activate the client software.
Before You Begin
To activate your IPSec Mobile VPN Client, you must have:
- The WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client v11.3.2 or higher installed
- An active connection to the Internet
- The license number and serial number you received when you purchased the WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client license
Activate the Client
To activate the client:
- From your Windows desktop, select Start > All Programs > WatchGuard Mobile VPN > Mobile VPN Monitor.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, click Activation.
The License Data dialog box appears. The Activation status shows that the client is not activated.
- Click terms of the license to see the software license agreement.
- Click Activation to start the Software Activation Wizard.
The Activation Mode step appears.
- Select Online Activation.
- Click Next.
The License Data step appears.
- Type the License Key and Serial Number you received when you purchased the VPN client license.
- Click Next.
The Internet Connection step appears.
- Make sure your computer can connect to the Internet.
- If your computer already has an Internet connection, you do not need to do anything in this step
- To use an existing VPN client profile to connect to the Internet, select the Establish an internet connection using a profile entry check box. From the Profile drop--down list, select the profile to use.
- To connect to the Internet through a proxy server, click Proxy Settings. Select the settings for your proxy server.
- Click Next.
The wizard processes your online activation and tells you whether it was successful.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
The serial number you activated appears on the License Data dialog box, and the Activation status is OK.
- Click Close.
To reopen the License Data dialog box after activation, select Help > License Data and Activation.
Move the Client License
If you later want to move this client license to a different computer:
- Uninstall the IPSec Mobile VPN client from the original computer.
- Select the uninstall option to remove the license.
- Install the IPSec Mobile VPN client on the new computer.
- Use the steps in the previous section to add the license to the IPSec Mobile VPN Client on the new computer.
If the original computer has a failure that makes it impossible to remove the client license, you can use the same license one additional time to activate the client on a different computer. A third activation requires a call to WatchGuard. We recommend that you remove the license from the original computer, if it is possible to do so.