When you install your WatchGuard Dimension VM, you specify the capacity for the hard disk where log message data is stored. To increase the amount of storage available for log messages, you must increase the capacity of this hard disk.
You cannot, however, decrease the capacity of the log storage hard disk. If you must reduce the amount of storage available for log messages, you must delete your instance of Dimension and deploy a new instance of Dimension with the correct log storage hard disk capacity.
When the database is local to the Dimension system, the maximum size of the database is limited to 80% of the size of the data disk for the virtual machine. For more information about how to size your Dimension log database, see Install WatchGuard Dimension.
If you currently have a snapshot of your Dimension VM, you cannot increase the size of the log storage hard disk. You must first either commit or revert the snapshot, then delete the snapshot, and then increase the log storage capacity for Dimension. After you have completed the increase process, you can start the Dimension VM and create a new snapshot of your VM as necessary.
To increase the log storage capacity for Dimension installed on VMware:
- Open VMware vSphere Client and connect to your ESXi host.
- In the ESXi host tree, select your Dimension VM
- Right-click your Dimension VM and select Power > Shut Down Guest.
- Right-click your Dimension VM and select Edit Settings.
The Virtual Machine Properties dialog box appears.
- Select Hard disk 2.
The settings for the selected hard disk appear.
- In the Disk Provisioning section, in the Provisioned Size text box and drop down list, increase the disk size.
- Click OK.
The Virtual Machine Properties dialog box closes.
- Right-click your Dimension VM and select Power > Power On.
To increase the log storage capacity for Dimension installed on Hyper-V:
- Open Hyper-V Manager and connect to your Hyper-V server.
- In the Hyper-V Manager tree, select your Hyper-V server.
The Virtual Machines list appears.
- From the Virtual Machines list, select your Dimension VM. In the Actions pane, select Shut Down.
The Dimension VM is shut down.
- Right-click your Dimension VM and select Settings.
The Settings page for your Dimension VM appears.
- From the Hardware tree, select IDE Controller > Hard Drive or SCSI Controller > Hard Drive.
- In the Media section, select Virtual hard disk and click Edit.
The Edit Virtual Hard Disk Wizard appears.
- Click Next until the Choose Action page appears.
- Select Expand. Click Next.
The Expand Virtual Hard Disk page appears.
- In the New size text box, type a new size for the hard disk. Click Next.
The Summary page appears.
- Verify that the settings you specified are correct. Click Finish.
The Settings dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
The Settings dialog box closes.
- From the Virtual Machines list, right-click your Dimension VM and select Start.
The Dimension VM starts.