You can use certificates for:
- Mobile VPN with IKEv2 tunnel authentication
- Mobile VPN with IPSec tunnel authentication
- Mobile VPN with L2TP tunnel authentication
- BOVPN tunnel authentication
- BOVPN virtual interface tunnel authentication
- Web Server Certificate for Firebox Authentication — The web server certificate is the certificate that the Firebox uses to secure HTTPS connections for management sessions, WebBlocker overrides, and other purposes.
Third-party or self-signed certificates cannot be used for Mobile VPN authentication.
When you perform any of these procedures, we recommend that you Connect to a Device with WatchGuard System Manager so Policy Manager can download the list of currently installed certificates. If you save changes from a local configuration file and the new settings do not match the certificates on the Firebox, your Firebox may not operate correctly.