Applies To: WatchGuard Advanced Reporting Tool
On the IT Applications page, you can find out which applications have run on network computers, and the Microsoft Office licenses in use.
For example, you can use the IT Applications page to find VPN clients. VPN clients that run on accounts with extensive permissions might be outdated, which can add to the attack vectors that cybercriminals use. Non-validated VPN clients can evade corporate rules and network security, such as firewalls and other filters. We recommend that you remove any VPN clients that you have not validated.
To see applications that have run on network computers, from the WatchGuard EPDR or WatchGuard EDR web UI:
- From the top navigation bar, select Status.
- From left pane, select Advanced Visualization Tool.
A new browser tab opens.
- From the left pane, select Advanced Reporting > Application Control.
- Select the date range for the data you want to see.
- Click Refresh.
- Select the IT Applications tab.
- Review the list of executed applications to determine whether there are applications that have not been validated.