Uninstall the Endpoint Software
Applies To: WatchGuard Advanced EPDR, WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, WatchGuard EPP, WatchGuard EDR Core
You can uninstall the endpoint software locally from the control panel of the operating system on each computer, or for Windows computers, you can uninstall remotely from the Endpoint Security management UI.
When you uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security from a computer, all data associated with the computer disappears from the management UI. When you reinstall the software, the associated data and counters are restored.
End users can manually uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security, if the administrator has not configured an uninstallation password in the security settings profile applied to the computer. If an uninstallation password is required, the end user requires authorization or the necessary credentials to uninstall the software.
When you install the WatchGuard Endpoint Security software, multiple applications are installed, based on the platform:
- Windows and macOS Computers — Agent and Endpoint Security product
- Linux Computers — Agent, Endpoint Security product, and kernel module
- Android Devices — Endpoint Security product
- iOS Devices — Endpoint Security product and MDM solution management profile
To completely uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security, you must remove all modules. If you only uninstall the endpoint security product, the agent will install it again.
To uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security on a Windows 8 or later device:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Select Windows Advanced EPDR, EPDR, EDR, EDR Core, or EPP.
- Right-click and select Uninstall.
To uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security on a macOS device:
- Open Terminal Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- To uninstall the protection software, run this command: sudo sh /Applications/Endpoint-Protection.app/Contents/uninstall.sh
- To uninstall the agent, run this command: sudo sh /Applications/Management-Agent.app/Contents/uninstall.sh
To uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security on an Android device:
- Open Settings and navigate to Security > Device Administrators.
- Clear the WatchGuard Advanced EPDR, WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, WatchGuard EDR Core, or WatchGuard EPP check box.
- Tap Disable > OK.
- In Settings, tap Apps.
- Tap WatchGuard Advanced EPDR, WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, WatchGuard EDR Core, or WatchGuard EPP > Uninstall > OK.
To uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security on a Linux device:
- Open a command line.
- Enter these commands:
To uninstall the WatchGuard Mobile Security app from an iOS device when it is integrated with the WatchGuard MDM solution:
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
The Settings app opens.
- From the side panel, tap General.
The General page opens.
Tap VPN and Device Management.
The WatchGuard MDM Service downloaded profile opens.
Tap Remove Management.
The Remove Management window opens.<![CDATA[ ]]>
The management profile and WatchGuard Mobile Security app are removed.
To uninstall the WatchGuard Mobile Security app from an iOS device when it is not integrated with an MDM solution:
- On the Home screen, press and hold the WatchGuard Mobile Security app.
- Tap the "-" icon on the WatchGuard Mobile Security app.
The Delete WatchGuard Mobile Security dialog box opens.
- Tap Delete App.
The app is removed from the device.
If your WatchGuard Mobile Security app is installed on an iOS device and it is integrated with a third-party MDM solution, we recommend that you uninstall the WatchGuard Mobile Security app from the third-party MDM solution. If you delete the management profile manually from the device, all the software that was installed with the MDM solution is also lost. The device can no longer be centrally managed from the MDM solution.
Remote Uninstallation (Windows Computers)
For Windows computers, you can delete the computer from the management UI and uninstall the Endpoint Security software remotely.
Remote uninstallation is only supported on Windows platforms. On Linux and macOS platforms, the affected computer is removed from the management UI, but it reappears in the next discovery task.
To remove the computer from the management UI and uninstall the software:
- In WatchGuard Cloud, select Configure > Endpoints.
- Select Computers.
- Select the Windows computers that you want to remove from the management UI and uninstall the Endpoint Security software from.
- Click Delete.
A confirmation dialog box opens to remove the computer from the management UI.
- To uninstall the Endpoint Security software, select the Uninstall the WatchGuard Agent from the Selected Computers check box.
- Click Delete.
Troubleshoot Uninstallation (Windows Computers)
During the uninstallation process, some files or libraries might not be completely removed and cause errors. You can use a tool to completely uninstall the agent and protection.
- Download and unzip the file dg_aether.zip (Password: panda).
- Run the agent removal file DG_AETHER.exe. Restart the computer.
- Run the protection removal file DG_PANDAPROT_8_XX.exe. Restart the computer.
- The uninstallation process can take a few minutes. When it is complete, restart the computer.
Endpoint Security Installation Requirements