You can uninstall the client software locally from the control panel of the operating system on each computer, or for Windows computers, you can uninstall remotely from the web UI.
When you uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security from a computer, all data associated with the computer disappears from the web UI. When you reinstall the software, the associated data and counters are restored.
End users can manually uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security, if the administrator has not configured an uninstallation password in the security settings profile applied to the computer. If an uninstallation password is required, the end user requires authorization or the necessary credentials to uninstall the software.
When you install the WatchGuard Endpoint Security client software, multiple applications are installed, based on the platform:
- Windows and macOS Computers — Agent and endpoint security product
- Linux Computers — Agent, endpoint security product, and kernel module
- Android Devices — Endpoint security product
To completely uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security, you must remove all modules. If you only uninstall the endpoint security product, the agent will install it again.
For Windows computers, you can uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security remotely from the web UI.
Remote uninstallation is only supported on Windows platforms. On Linux and macOS platforms, the affected computer is removed from the web UI, but it reappears in the next discovery task.
To uninstall the software, from the WatchGuard Endpoint Security web UI:
- From the top navigation bar, select Computers.
- Select the Windows computers that you want to uninstall WatchGuard Endpoint Security for.
- Click Delete.
A confirmation dialog box opens.
- To completely remove WatchGuard Endpoint Security, select the Uninstall the WatchGuard Agent from the Selected Computers check box.
- Click Delete.