In AuthPoint, resources are the applications and services that your users connect to, such as Salesforce, Microsoft 365, a VPN, or your Firebox. When you add a resource, you provide the information required to connect to that resource.
You can configure these AuthPoint resource types:
- Firebox — The Firebox resource is used to enable AuthPoint as an authentication server on a Firebox that has been added to WatchGuard Cloud
- RADIUS Client — An application or service that uses RADIUS authentication (primarily firewalls and VPNs)
- SAML — An application or service that uses SAML authentication, such as Microsoft 365, Salesforce, or the Firebox Access Portal
- IdP Portal — A portal page that shows users the SAML resources available to them
- Logon App — The Logon app resource is used to configure and define access policies for the Logon app
- ADFS — The ADFS resource is used to add MFA to ADFS authentication
- RD Web — The RD Web resource is used to add MFA to Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web)
- RESTful API Client — The RESTful API Client resource is used to configure and define access policies for a RESTful API client
To configure multi-factor authentication for a resource, add the resource in AuthPoint and then add that resource to an authentication policy. Authentication policies specify which resources users can authenticate to and which authentication methods they can use (Push, QR code, and OTP) when they connect to the resources.
For detailed instructions to configure MFA for specific resources, see the AuthPoint Integration Guides.