In AuthPoint, resources are the applications and services that your users connect to, such as Salesforce, Office 365, a VPN, or your Firebox. When you add a resource, you provide the information required to connect to that resource.
There are seven types of resources:
- RADIUS Client — An application or service that uses RADIUS authentication (primarily firewalls and VPNs)
- SAML — An application or service that uses SAML authentication, such as Office 365, Salesforce, or the Firebox Access Portal
- IdP Portal — A portal page that shows users the SAML resources available to them
- Logon App — The Logon app resource is used to configure and define access policies for the Logon app
- ADFS — The ADFS resource is used to add MFA to ADFS authentication
- RD Web — The RD Web resource is used to configure and define access policies for the agent for RD Web
- RESTful API Client — The RESTful API Client resource is used to configure and define access policies for a RESTful API client
To configure multi-factor authentication for a resource, add the resource in AuthPoint and then assign an access policy for the added resource to a user group.
The access policies for a user group specify which resources require authentication and which authentication method to use (Push, QR code, OTP) when users in the group connect to the resources.
For detailed instructions to configure MFA for specific resources, see the AuthPoint Integration Guides.