You can view WiFi, WIPS, and System related alerts. For more information on how to configure alerts, see Configure Alerts.
For a full list of alerts that can appear, see Wi-Fi Cloud Events and Alerts.
You can freeze columns, add or remove columns, filter the display, and switch to full screen mode using the icons at the top-right of the page. For more information, see Table Actions for Monitor Pages.
The Alerts page displays this information:
A system-generated alert ID.
Status of an alert:
|Affects Security Status||Indicates if this alert affects the security status of your network.|
|Summary||Reason for which the alert was generated.|
|Category||Category of the alert.|
Location where the alert was generated.
|Start Time||Time when the alert was generated.|
|Stop Time||Time when the alert was stopped.|
You can perform these actions when you right-click an alert:
To select all alerts, select the check box at the top of the selection column. To perform an action on the selected alerts, right-click on any alert in the alert listing area.
- Delete — Delete the alert from the list.
- Mark as Unread — Mark the alert as unread.
- Mark as Read — Mark the alert as read.
- Affects Security Status — Manually set if the alert affects the security status of your network.
- Does Not Affect Security Status — Manually set if the alert does not affect the security status of your network.
- Acknowledge — Acknowledge an alert. The alert will then appear in the acknowledgment trail so that other administrators can check to know which user has acknowledged an alert.
- Acknowledge Trail — View the acknowledgment trail for the alert.
- Recommend Action — Show a recommended action about the alert. This helps you decide what to examine or what corrective action to perform based on the alert type.