The Policy Usage report shows a list of policies, whether each policy was used, and how much traffic was handled by each policy in a selected time range.
This report is available only if log messages with data for this report exist in the specified time frame. To make sure that your Firebox sends log messages required to generate this report , follow the steps to Enable Logging for this Report.
How to Use this Report
This report shows which policies the Firebox uses most, and can help you understand whether policies are functioning the way you expect.
Here are some ways to use this report:
- Look at the Bytes and Hits statistics to identify policies that are used most.
- Look at the Status column to see whether the policy was used or was deleted in teh selected time range.
View the Report
This report is available in WatchGuard Cloud and in Dimension.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- Select Monitor > Fireboxes.
The Device Manager page appears.
- From the Device Manager list, select a folder or a specific device.
- To select the report date range, click the Calendar .
- From the list of reports, select Device > Policy Usage.
The report appears.
- To see reports for your Fireboxes or FireClusters, select Home > Devices.
The Devices list appears.
To see reports for your groups of Fireboxes, select Home > Groups.
The Groups list appears.
- Select the Name of a Firebox, cluster, or group.
The Tools > Executive Dashboard page appears.
- Select the Reports tab.
- Select Device > Policy Usage.
The report appears.
The Policy Usage report includes a row for each policy in the Firebox configuration, and also shows statistics for internal Firebox policies. Each row includes this information:
|Name||The name of the policy, as it appears in the log message.|
|Bytes||Amount of data in MB.|
|Hits||Number of hits.|
|Status||The status of the policy. This includes whether the policy was used and whether it was deleted.|
The Firebox automatically generates statistics about policy usage. No logging settings are required to enable logging for this report.