The Packet Filter Traffic report shows a summary of packet filter traffic on your network.
This report is available when log messages with data for this report exist in the specified time frame. To make sure that your Firebox sends log messages required to generate this report, follow the steps to Enable Logging for this Report.
How to Use this Report
This report can help you to understand the most common types of packet filter traffic on your network. Here are some ways to use this report:
- Select the Service pivot to see which protocols and ports are used for the most packet filter traffic.
- Select the Source and Destination pivots to see the amount of packet filter traffic to and from different hosts, by bytes and bandwidth.
- Select the Activity Trend pivot to see how the amount of packet filter traffic changes over time.
View the Report
This report is available in WatchGuard Cloud and in Dimension.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- Select Monitor > Devices.
- Select a folder or a specific device.
- To select the report date range, click .
- From the Reports menu, select Traffic > Packet Filter Traffic.
The Packet Traffic Filter report opens.
- To see reports for your Fireboxes or FireClusters, select Home > Devices.
The Devices list opens.
To see reports for your groups of Fireboxes, select Home > Groups.
The Groups list opens.
- Select the Name of a Firebox, cluster, or group.
The Tools > Executive Dashboard page opens.
- Select the Reports tab.
- Select Traffic > Packet Filter Traffic.
The Packet Filter Traffic report opens.
You can use pivots to change the view of the data on the report.
To switch to a different view, select a pivot from the drop-down list above the report.
This report includes these pivots:
Summary of packet filter traffic data, organized by number of hits over the selected time period.
Summary of packet filter traffic data, organized by the source host name.
Summary of packet filter traffic data, organized by the destination address.
Summary of packet filter traffic data, organized by the protocol and port.
Summary of packet filter traffic data, organized by the session.
Detail view is not available for this report.
Logging for cloud-managed Fireboxes is automatically enabled. For locally-managed Fireboxes, you must manually enable logging in Fireware Web UI or Policy Manager.
To collect the data required for this report for locally-managed Fireboxes, in Fireware Web UI or Policy Manager:
- In the Logging and Notification settings for all packet filters, select Send a log message for reports.
For more information, see Set Logging and Notification Preferences.