With the Web Services API, you can export traffic and alarm messages from your log files, and all data from your Available Reports and On-Demand Reports. The Web Services API for Reporting provides a SOAP-based (Simple Object Access Protocol) interface you can use to extract WatchGuard Log Server and Report Server data. Third-party tools that are Web Services-aware can use this API to easily connect and extract your log message and report file data to generate custom reports. When you generate custom reports, you can combine information from other sources with the extracted data to further customize your reports.
Installation and Documentation
When you install the Log Server or Report Server, the Web Services Server, the WSDL (Web Services Description Language) file, and associated documentation are automatically installed.
For installation instructions, see Install WatchGuard System Manager Software.
To use the Web Services API, you must have the API files and documentation.
The Web Services API files are installed in this location:
The Web Services API files include:
- LogsService.wsdl — WSDL (Web Services Description Language) file
- LogsService.xsd — Web Services API schema
The Web Services documentation is installed in this location:
The Web Services documentation files include:
- LogsService.html — WSDL reference documentation
- LogsService-UserGuide.pdf — A user guide for Web Services API for Reporting
- LogsServiceEclipse.pdf — An interoperability example for Eclipse and Java