To identify different types of policies in Policy Manager, policy names are highlighted with different text colors and background colors based on traffic type. These colors are used by default:
- Managed policies — Gray text with a white background
- BOVPN policies (such as BOVPN-allow.out) — Green text with a white background
- Mixed BOVPN and firewall policies (such as Ping or Any-L2TP) — Blue text with a white background
- Disabled policies, deny policies, and allow policies — Not highlighted (black text with a white background)
You can enable highlighting for specific types of policies, change the highlight colors, or disable policy highlighting completely.
In the Policy Highlighting dialog box, settings are listed in order of precedence. If a policy matches more than one setting, it uses colors from the highest ranked setting it matches. For example, if a manual BOVPN policy that allows traffic is disabled, it uses colors from the Highlight disabled policies setting. If enabled, the Default Highlighting setting colors are used for policies that do not match any other setting.
To change colors used in Policy Manager:
- Select View > Policy Highlighting.
The Policy Highlighting dialog box appears.
- To enable policy highlighting, select the Highlight Firewall policies based on traffic type check box. Clear this check box to disable policy highlighting.
- To enable highlighting for a specific type of policy, select the adjacent check box. Clear the check box to disable highlighting.
- To change text and background colors, click a Text Color or Background Color block.
The Select Text Color or Select Background Color dialog box appears.
- Select one of these tabs to specify the color:
- Swatches — Click one the swatches of available colors.
- HSV — Type or select the value for the Hue, Saturation, or Value settings, or move the sliders.
- HSL — Type or select the value for the Hue, Saturation, or Lightness settings, or move the sliders.
- RGB — Type or select the value for the Red, Green, or Blue settings, or move the sliders.
- CMYK — Type or select the value for the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, or Black settings, or move the sliders.
A sample of the color you select appears in the Preview section at the bottom of the dialog box.
- When you are satisfied with the color, click OK.
- In the Policy Highlighting dialog box, click OK.
The changes take effect.