Applies To: WatchGuard Advanced Reporting Tool
We recommend that you only use remote tools that you have validated. Remote tools, such as TeamViewer and VNC, are a common attack vector. We recommend that you limit connectivity to administrators and use a firewall filter, as well as strong passwords. You can use the Special Applications & Tools tab to check for regular use of remote access tools.
To view remote access applications, from the WatchGuard EPDR or WatchGuard EDR web UI:
- From the top navigation bar, select Status.
- From the left pane, select Advanced Visualization Tool.
A new browser tab opens.
- From the left pane, select Advanced Reporting > Application Control.
- Select the date range for the data you want to see.
- Click Refresh.
The dashboard shows information for the time period selected.
- Select the Special Applications & Tools tab.
- In the Remote Access Applications Executed tiles, review the list of applications executed by machine and user.