Purple Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Cloud Integration Guide
This guide demonstrates how to integrate WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud with Purple Wi-Fi authentication to enable guest users to authenticate to a captive portal.
Platform and Software
The hardware and software used to complete the steps in this document include:
- Purple Wi-Fi:
- Purple Wi-Fi Management Portal
- WatchGuard AP325
- WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Account
Purple Wi-Fi Configuration
- Log in to the Purple Wi-Fi Management Portal.
- Click .
- Select Management > Locations.
- Select Venues and Groups.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to add a new venue.
- Select your new venue from Venues and Groups.
- From your venue, select Hardware.
- Click Add hardware.
- From the Hardware type drop-down list, select WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud AP.
- The Name is added automatically when you select the Hardware type, and you can manually edit this name.
- In the Hardware Mac Address text box, add the MAC address of your WatchGuard AP.
- Click View Manual Online or Download Manual to get the configuration steps and information required for the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud configuration.
- Click Save details.
WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Basic Configuration
For detailed information on WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud AP deployment, see the Getting Started Guide.
These instructions use Manage for the Wi-Fi Cloud configuration. You can now also perform these configuration steps with the Discover application. For more information, see About Discover.
Configure WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud to Integrate with Purple Wi-Fi
The information required in these steps is detailed in the manual that you downloaded from Purple Wi-Fi in the previous step. For more information, see Purple Wi-Fi Configuration.
- Log in to WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.
- Open Manage.
- Select Configuration > Device Configuration > RADIUS Profiles.
- On the RADIUS Profiles tab, click Add RADIUS Profile.
- In the Profile Name text box, type a descriptive name for the profile.
- In the IP Address text box, type the Primary IP address of the RADIUS server from Purple Wi-Fi.
- In the Authentication Port text box, type the port number listed for the RADIUS server from Purple Wi-Fi.
- In the Accounting Port text box, use the default setting.
- In the Shared secret text box, type the shared secret from the Purple Wi-Fi RADIUS server.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for the second Purple Wi-Fi RADIUS server.
- From Manage, select Configuration > Device Configuration > SSID Profiles.
- Click Add New Wi-Fi Profile.
- Type the Profile Name and SSID name.
- Select the Broadcast SSID check box.
- Expand the Security section.
- From the Security Mode drop-down list, select Open.
- Select the Client Isolation check box.
- Expand the Network section.
- Select NAT, then configure the IP address range and DNS server details:
- Start IP Address
- End IP Address
- Local IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Lease Time
- DNS Servers
- Expand the Captive Portal section of the SSID Profile.
- Select the Enable Captive Portal text box.
- Select External Splash Page with RADIUS Authentication.
- In the Splash Page URL text box, type the URL provided by Purple Wi-Fi.
- In the Shared Secret text box, type the shared secret used with Purple Wi-Fi.
- In the Walled Garden section, add the domains provided by Purple Wi-Fi.
- In the Redirect URL text box, type the URL provided by Purple Wi-Fi.
- Clear the Enable HTTPS Redirection text box.
- In the Captive Portal settings, click the RADIUS Settingslink.
- In the Called Station Id text box, type %m.
- From the Primary Authentication Server drop-down list, select the RADIUS server you configured for Purple Wi-Fi.
- From the Secondary Authentication Server drop-down list, select the RADIUS server you configured for Purple Wi-Fi.
- From the Primary Accounting Server drop-down list, select the RADIUS server you configured for Purple Wi-Fi.
- From the Secondary Accounting Server drop-down list, select the RADIUS server you configured for Purple Wi-Fi.
- From the Interval list, select 2 minutes.
- Click Save to save the RADIUS settings
- Click Save to save the SSID Profile.
- From Manage, select Configuration > Device Configuration > Device Templates.
- Click Add Device Template.
- In the Template Name text box, type a descriptive name for the Device Template.
- Expand the Device Password section, then in the Password text box, type a password to use for this template.
- Expand the Radio Settings section for each radio.
- In Wi-Fi Profiles tab, click Add SSID Profile, then add the SSID Profile you created for the guest network.
- Click Save to save device template.
- From Manage, select Monitoring > Managed Devices.
- Select the required AP, then click the Device Template link to apply the new Device Template to the AP.
Test Purple Wi-Fi Integration
- Use your wireless client device to connect to the Wi-Fi Cloud captive portal.
- Your browser will redirect to the Purple Wi-Fi authentication page.
- You are prompted to log in with your existing account or you can register a new account.
- When you are authenticated, you will be able to access the Internet through the captive portal.