To create a wireless network in Go:
- Open Go.
- Click Get Started to begin.
- Log in with your user name and password if you are not logged in to your WatchGuard account.
- To add a new wireless network, click or click Add WiFi Network.
- In the Basic settings, select the Network Type you want to create.
Select a Private network if the wireless network is intended for use by internal users.
Select a Guest network if the wireless network is intended for use by guests and visitors who should not have access to your internal network. When you select a Guest network, these changes are made to SSID Profiles and Authorized WLAN Policies:
- Client Isolation is enabled in the SSID Profile.
- In the Authorized WLAN Policy, the SSID is marked as "Guest". Any External or Unclassified clients connecting to this network are reclassified as Guest clients.
- Type a WiFi Network Name.
This network name is the SSID for the network.
- From the Security drop-down list, select the security mode for the network.
- In the Password text box, type a password for the security mode you selected.
- Click Save.
- To enable the wireless network you just created, select the switch to turn the network ON.
Go automatically configures these settings for your wi-fi network:
- SSID Profile — An SSID profile is created for your wi-fi network.
- Device Template — If you already have a default device template defined, the SSID is automatically added to the template and applied to your managed devices at your default top-level Locations folder. If you do not have an existing device template, the system creates a new device template named Go_1, then applies the template to your managed devices at your default top-level Locations folder.
- Authorized WLAN Policy — A basic Authorized WLAN Policy is set up for your SSID.
You can view and perform advanced configuration of the SSID Profile, Device Template, and Authorized WLAN Policy in Manage. For more information on Manage, see About WatchGuard Manage.