You can use a WatchGuard AP configured in CIP mode to forward messages to the syslog server. Cloud Integration Point (CIP) technology enables the integration of WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud with third-party on-premise wireless controllers and event log management services. For more information, see Wi-Fi Cloud Integration with Third-Party Controllers using CIP.
To configure a syslog server:
- Select System > Third-Party Servers > Syslog.
- Select the Enable Syslog Servers check box.
- Click Add.
- Configure these options:
- Syslog Server IP Address / Hostname — IP address or host name of the syslog server that Wi-Fi Cloud communicates with.
- Port Number — Port number of the syslog server to which data is sent.
- Primary Cloud Integration Point (CIP) — If you use a Cloud Integration Point on your network, select a CIP-enabled WatchGuard AP that you want to use as the primary CIP device to communicate with Wi-Fi Cloud. For more information on CIP, see Wi-Fi Cloud Integration with Third-Party Controllers using CIP.
- Secondary Cloud Integration Point (CIP) — Select a CIP-enabled WatchGuard AP that you want to use as the secondary CIP device to communicate with Wi-Fi Cloud in the event the primary CIP device is unavailable. Services will continue to use the secondary CIP when the primary CIP becomes available again.
- Message Format — Select Plain or IDMEF format for the messages that Wi-Fi Cloud sends to the syslog server.
- Enabled — Enable messages and audit logs generated by Wi-Fi Cloud to be sent to the syslog server.
- Append BOM Header — Append a BOM (Byte Order Mark) header to the messages that Wi-Fi Cloud sends to the syslog server.
- Forward Events — Send event messages to the syslog server.
- Forward Audit Logs — Send audit logs to the syslog server (plain text only).
- Click Save.
Current Status displays the status of the syslog integration service. If the host name of the syslog server cannot be resolved, the status displays the error: "Cannot resolve hostname for one or more destination servers".
- Running — The service is running.
- Stopped — The service has stopped.
- Error — Indicates an error condition.